The Event Sales Manager will market, sell and coordinate high quality events for the Grand Carousel Pavilion space for weddings, corporate events, parties and other occasions. The event space has been in operation for a year; bookings are steadily increasing. We seek a seasoned professional to increase traditional business to full capacity and identify and pursue new sources of event revenue. The Event Sales Manager retains accountability for end-to-end customer satisfaction, coordinating and mobilizing CMOM functions and serving as the primary point of contact for the customer.
- Review current book of business; develop and attain new sales goals for the pavilion space.
- Leverage current contacts and build new, lasting relationships. The Event Sales Manager will have the support of CMOM’s PR & marketing department for collateral development.
- Conduct research and prospecting; expand networks.
- Steward the sales process from initiation through contract negotiations.
- Oversee all components of event success: planning assistance for the client, logistics, execution, return of space to museum readiness. The Event Sales Manager will have the support of CMOM operations staff for event set-up and tear-down.
- Develop and maintain current and competitive policies, procedures and rates.
- Medium to long-term, establish new revenue sources for the space, including the adjoining boardroom space for corporate meetings.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
Education and Prior Experience:
- B.A. or B.S. degree from an accredited university is a preference
- 2-5 years of experience in planning special events in a business or non-profit organization (preferably in museum, hotel or restaurant management).
- Strong communication skills: written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills
- Contract origination and negotiation
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proficiency with or demonstrated capacity to learn museum-specific point of sale software and reporting
- Maturity, diplomacy, calm under pressure
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and good judgment
- Values diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives
- Competitive compensation, including benefits, commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements as PDF to Cliff.Drake@cmom.com with “[YourLastName]–Event Sales” in the subject header. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with priority given to those received by February 28 or before. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls for position inquiries, please.