Do you feel passionate about changing the experience and outcomes for children in foster care? Come join a dynamic team of passionate staff who help make this happen statewide!
COMMUNITY RELATIONS COORDINATOR – Memphis/West TN
We are looking for a Full Time Community Relations Coordinator (CRC) who will build and maintain relationships with leaders and organizations, to support the mission of Tennessee Kids Belong. The CRC will work towards implementing programs around the four sectors TKB focuses on- Government, Faith, Business and Creatives. This role will take on Shelby/West Region of Tennessee.
• This is a “jack of all trades” role, requiring an array of skills and a measure of scrappiness.
• Foster care subject matter experience either personal or professional (strongly preferred)
• Ability to see the big picture of how and to cast vision for a collective impact model
• Knowledge and experience engaging churches and community leaders
• Outstanding communication and public speaking skills
• Ability to balance working independently and taking initiative with staying connected to and taking direction from the team
• Ability to attract and engage local donors
• Magnetic: Deeply connected to our mission and naturally draws people in from the community and their personal networks enabling them to find their role and join us in our work.
• Strategic Communicator: They understand their various audiences and can communicate with them effectively to accomplish the mission.
• Resilient: Demonstrates humility and resourcefulness in their ability to stay in the fight regardless of the changes and resistance they encounter.
• Maintain contact with churches in West TN, vision casting, speak on behalf of TKB
• Provide resources and coach each church as they develop a Wrap Around Ministry, setting up Next Steps event, and sermon series
• Speak on Next Steps panels or at church engagement events
• Track church and community engagement, recruitment, and success, providing monthly reports to TKB Associate Director
• Work with local Businesses to roll out Business Impact Program/ Foster Friendly APP
• Work with local mayors and community leaders to attend events and speak publicly on foster care in their community.
• Maintain close contact with DCS Regional offices in the West Grand Region, establishing rapport, assisting in recruitment and retention planning.
• Attending appropriate alliance meetings, chamber of commerce meetings, church affiliate meetings.