Temple Israel is seeking a full-time Communications Director to oversee and implement strategic marketing and communications that both reinforce and champion Temple Israel’s mission as a “sanctuary for prayer and inspiration, a vibrant center for Jewish learning, and a congregational home for living Torah.”
A self-starter and a strategist, this role will contribute to Temple Israel’s position and platform as a means to recruit, retain, and sustain Temple’s congregational family and our collective role in the greater Memphis and Jewish communities.
This organized, deadline-driven candidate should have a keen eye for detail and curation while balancing and mobilizing Temple’s larger vision and “big-picture” goals currently in practice.
Direct responsibilities include:
- Manage and implement Temple’s communication strategies across digital and print channels to reach all constituencies, including:
- Email Marketing
- Social Media
- Direct Mail/Collateral
- Media Relations
- Collaborate and coordinate with Temple clergy and department leaders to create and write internal and external messaging that adheres to the brand identity and integrity of Temple Israel.
- Establish and reinforce daily communication work flows, calendars, and processes with Temple departments.
- Recruit and manage outsourced graphic, photography, and additional technical needs.
- Manage communications-related budgets.
- Establish clear benchmarks to evaluate communication efforts and report to leadership on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism, communications, or marketing.
- Appreciation for Jewish culture and religion.
- 3+ years of experience in marketing/communications with internal and external audiences.
- Confident problem solver and collaborative work partner in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Creative and artistic vision and direction.
- Familiarity with digital analytics and social media engagement tracking tools.
- Working knowledge of desktop publishing design and production, photography, videography, website management/design, and social media marketing.
- Applicants will be required to submit a portfolio of work.
Please send inquiries to: Stacy Canales; email@example.com