The ServiceNow Developer is responsible for working to develop, design and own technical solutions on the
ServiceNow platform. The Service Now Developer will provide administration, application development,
maintenance, and technical support by using good practice web programming techniques to configure robust solutions to the client utilizing the ServiceNow platform.
- Administrate, maintain, and support the ServiceNow platform and modules such as Service Catalog, Event, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Asset and CMDB, Discovery, Knowledge, and Self-Service Portal.
- Configure and deploy new functionality using ServiceNow and related web technologies
- Understand business requirements and design solution to fit them using service-now modules and custom apps.
- Ensure appropriate SDLC/Devops process is adhered to when promoting updates through development/test/production environment.
- Collaborate with management, business users, developers, and various other stake holders
- Create supporting system documentation including requirement documents, design documents and training guides.
- Work on issues and requests for platform assistance including end-user trouble inquiries, regular maintenance, enhancements, and defect fixes.
- Contribute to the creation of custom reports and dashboards as well as generating KPIs and supporting metrics.
- Integrate and interface service-now with other systems using web services and other web-based technologies such as XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, REST/SOAP.
- Work on any other tasks assigned by management
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- 6 years of demonstrated experience programming and administering Service-Now in a large enterprise environment.
- Service-Now development customization experience including, but not limited to screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, LDAP/SSO integration, custom scripting, and third-party software integrations.
- Hands-on experience in all client side and server-side objects of service now like Client Scripts, Catalog Client Scripts, UI Policy, Catalog UI Policy, BR, Script Include, ACL, Form Design, Form Layout changes, Workflows (with experience in using major activities in workflow along with activities used for orchestration), UI Action, Ui Context Menu, Transform Maps, configuring DS, writing Email scripts, Email notification, Email Templates, Field Styles, Dynamic Pages, Static Pages.
- Hands-on experience with Jelly scripting in ServiceNow.
- Development experience on ServiceNow mobile platform is a plus.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent team player
- Excellent skills in written and verbal communication to be able to explain issues lucidly
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic computer/technical issues
- Keen attention to detail and memory of patterns and trends
- Ability to effectively utilize ticketing systems
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
• Must have the ability and manual dexterity required to use computers and general office equipment.
Tate Computer Systems (TCS) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. TCS is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact the Human Resources Department.