The Role – Department Manager – Landscape
The Location – Arlington, TN
As a key member of the Store team, lead the performance and growth of your line(s) of business and ensure we achieve excellence for all stakeholders. Contribute strongly to the overall store success by sharing your time, resources, ideas and associates while also championing line of business best practices across the Area.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• General understanding of accounting fundamentals, such as debits, credits, accounts receivable, accounts payable, budgets, etc.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills
• Understands principles of managing product inventory
• Understands principles of nursery, irrigation and/or landscape products
• Understands principles of sales and operations planning process, statistical demand forecasting and integration of demand plans and supply plans
• Good Driving Record, may have to sometimes operate company vehicle
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School or secondary diploma or equivalent required
• Degree in Business / Management discipline or equivalent experience preferred
• 1 to 3 years managerial experience including leadership, problem resolution, motivation and team building
• 1 to 3 years of experience managing in a nursery or landscape environment preferred
• 1 to 3 years of experience in retail nursery and landscape industry
• This position requires long periods of standing and candidate must be able to lift 50 lbs.