Assists in the administration of Shelby Farms Park Visitor Services initiatives, including the First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Center Information Desk, volunteer recruitment, pavilion rental fulfillment, and outreach opportunities. Key duties include providing information to guests in person and via telephone at FTF Visitor Center Information Desk, recruiting and scheduling volunteers for Information Desk shifts and Park events, providing information and welcome packets to pavilion rentals, working as a liaison between Sales + Events and Park Operations to assist pavilion rental fulfillment, and identifying community tabling events for Park
- Maintains the First Tennessee Foundation Visitor Information Desk, providing information and assistance to park visitors in person and via telephone.
- Responsible for maintaining inventory of all Park collateral and keeping adequate amounts available for park visitors.
- Responsible for maintaining Volunteer Odyssey position listings and responding to volunteer group inquiries.
- Works as a liaison with Marketing + Communications to provide accurate information on all pertinent park operations and events.
- Works with Sales + Events Operations Manager and Event Coordinators to recruit volunteers for park events.
- Works as a liaison with Sale + Events and Park Operations to assist Pavilion rentals, completing their check-in, providing welcome packet, and troubleshoot any issues regarding their rental with assistance of Park Operations.
- Identifies external community events, recruiting and training Visitor Services volunteers to represent the Park at such events.
- Works with Marketing + Communications and Development to promote park support program and secure email addresses and info from visitors.
- Performs data entry tasks related to the collection of emails from Events, Programs, and Development initiatives.
- Be fully conversant in Park mission and programs.
● Experience using Microsoft Office suite, Google suite
● 1-2 years of administrative or customer service experience.
● Demonstrated strong customer service orientation required.
● Self-motivated, strategic, team player.
● Excellent organizational, decision-making, and problem-solving skills required.
● Must be able to work effectively under pressure and meet critical deadlines.
● Demonstrates values of collaboration, accountability, authenticity, trust and learning
● Commitment to the consistent production of high quality, detailed work
● Organizes, plans and schedules in an efficient, productive manner
● Collaborates with people of different races, backgrounds, experiences and educational levels
● Elicits confidence and builds rapport with leadership, staff, and customers
● Enthusiastic, dependable, self-motivated and self-aware
Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, days, weekends and holidays
NOTE: This document describes typical duties and responsibilities and is not intended to limit management from assigning other work as required.