Contact Tracer – COVID-19 (Health Services) (Open Positions: 21)
Closes On: December 1, 2020 at 11:59 PM CST
Department: Health Services
Job Status: Full-Time
Rate of Pay: Salary Commensurate with Experience and Education –
Details: Requisition #20-66336 Apply Now
This position is durational until December 30, 2020 and may be extended contingent on additional funding.
Work under general supervision of a Lead Health Investigator with an interdisciplinary COVID-19 response team to investigate, discover and provide support to affected individuals.
Pay Grade: 43
1. Three (3) years of experience in customer service, health services, education, community outreach, social service industry, or conducting intake interviews and a high school diploma or GED; OR
2. Two (2) years of experience in customer service, health services, education, community outreach, social service industry, or conducting intake interviews and an associate degree; OR
3. Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
4. PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Conducts investigation of persons diagnosed with or having contact to COVID-19.
2. Assures epidemiological investigations are conducted to establish exact relationships between patients.
3. Interviews patients diagnosed with COVID-19 and others related to the virus for the purpose of eliciting, identifying and locating information for others who may have been exposed.
4. Provides basic disease prevention education for patients diagnosed with and suspected to have COVID-19.
5. Identifies, investigate and interview clusters that result from confirmed COVID-19 patients.
6. Conducts case management activities to identify the social and economic needs of patients confirmed with COVID-19.
7. Prepares and complete data reports required for RedCap, National Electronic Disease Surveillance System (NEDSS) and any other databases.
8. Assists with outbreak investigations and management.
9. Enter patient information into a database and generating letters.
10. Responds to Health Department Operations Center (HDOC) as needed.
11. Performs other related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
2. Ability to communicate with active listening, and emotional intelligence.
3. Ability to interact in an empathetic and non-judgmental manner with culturally diverse populations and persons experiencing a wide range of social conditions.
4. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills, and the ability to use sound judgment in responding to client issues and concerns.
5. Ability to adapt to changing environments and receive constructive feedback.
6. Ability to use discretion, maintain confidentiality, and practice ethical conduct.
7. Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff.
8. Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
9. Proficiency with use of computers (desktop, laptop, tablet)
10. Proficiency with use of mobile devices (smartphones, mobile apps).
• Must be able to work overtime, evenings and/or weekends.
• Must be able to work various shifts.
• Full-Time Hours (37.5 hours per week):
o 7:00 am – 3:30 pm (Monday – Friday) OR
o 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (Monday – Friday)
This position is subject to a background check for any convictions that have a substantial relationship to potential job duties. Only convictions that are substantially related to potential job duties will be considered and will not automatically disqualify the candidate.