Position: Reporting to the Director of Survivor Services,Survivor Care Coordinator will operate as a case manager, providing services to victims of human trafficking in West Tennessee utilizing Restore Corps in-house services, contracts, community service providers and other collaborations. A Survivor Care Coordinator (SCC) candidate must possess strong organizational and group leadership abilities, have work experience in the areas of human services preferably in the areas of domestic violence and/or sexual assault services. She must demonstrate stability in personal presentation and professional relationships. This position requires, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree in Social Work or a related field and possess the ability to successfully complete required domestic violence/sexual assault required training. This position will work in tandem with other staff on the Direct Services Team (DST) of Restore Corps and Blossom House.
● Maintain a personal caseload.
● Communicate with survivors, families and professionals to help identify appropriate levels of care and information pertaining to services
● Offer the delivery of services in a way which complies with the agency’s health and safety procedures & supports empowerment and respecting participant’s right to choose
● Comply with agency policy and procedures, maintaining all required documentation, including reporting for grants, in a professional and timely manner.
● Communicate, confer with and coordinate care for clients with other DST members.
● Establish strong, appropriate and caring working relationships with survivors of human trafficking assigned to caseload.
● Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with other organizations as needed, for case coordination and response.
● Coordinate closely with Director of Survivor Services and other staff members to carry out the mission and develop of an ever-improving system of care for the survivors we serve.
● Maintain an up to date list of resources throughout West TN and refer out to other agencies when appropriate.
● Build rapport and trust with a diverse population including clients, staff members, volunteers and donors. Great people skills are vital for this role.
● Maintain up-to-date documentation on clients and services for grant reporting and research purposes
● Transport survivors of human trafficking in personal or agency vehicle.
● Be on call on a rotating basis for after hours and weekend emergencies.
● Lead educational groups to high risk communities to identify victims of human trafficking and/or groups for engaged survivors being served by the DST
● Participate in the Direct Service Team in the most advantageous way possible to achieve the mission of Restore Corps
The work of aftercare is diverse and complex, including a broad range of activities and frequently changing conditions, situations and problems. The SCC must be able to analyze problems and make prudent decisions while interpreting a variety of factors, problems and alternative methods and procedures, and know when to bring in counsel from their supervisor.
The Intake Coordinator must be willing and able to work in a trauma-informed, strengths-based culture and to make good contextualized decisions.
● Attend meetings in the community, as deemed appropriate and useful.
● Maybe called upon to represent the organization and share expertise at professional and community training and other events.
● Perform other agency-related duties or special projects, as directed by supervisor or Executive Director. Duties may change according to organizational needs.
● Be on rotation for kitchen duty with other staff.
Work is carried out in a combination of an office setting with intermittent sitting, standing, walking and some light physical activity, as well as transporting clients for appointments throughout the Memphis community. Most work is performed while sitting and using the computer, phone and engaged in face-to-face conversation with staff and/or clients. Additionally, the SCC will be expected to respond to client needs throughout the 21 counties of West Tennessee. Car travel required (must operate both personal and staff vehicles).
Education, Experience and Skills:
● BSW; MSW preferred
● Demonstrated ability to understand and implement best practices around services for at-risk individuals and families.
● Moderate level computer skills, including word processing and spreadsheets
● Spanish fluency a strong plus.
● Experience in cae management or similar position with experience working with trauma, substance abuse, sexual exploitation, victim assistance, child protective services, youth in foster care or human trafficking populations.
● A working knowledge of mainstream resources.
● People-oriented with demonstrated ability to build rapport and gain trust with diverse populations
● Teachability is key: Learning from each other and our clients.
● Ability and willingness to work irregular hours when survivor needs dictate. Rotating on-call hours on nights and weekends are part of this position.
● Ability to work effectively under pressure.
● Excellent organizational and communication skills, both written and oral, and prompt response to messages.
● Able to maintain confidentiality, as required by law and in the best interests of survivors, staff and the agency.
● Fast learner, quick mind, capacity for hard work, teachable and flexible.
● Valid driver’s license, state-required driver’s insurance and access to reliable personal transportation; ability to travel throughout West Tennessee
Additional Requirements and Information:
The ideal applicant must be willing and able to embrace and exemplify our Corps Values, as well as, our
Summer 2019 Survivor Care Coordinator Safe Housing and Services for Survivors of Human Trafficking
Statement of Faith.
Initial and subsequent random drug screening is required as per agency policy.
Background check will be required.
This is full-time, salaried position to include evening, weekend and holiday hours as needed for 24-hour, 365 day staff coverage for services to human trafficking survivors throughout West Tennessee.
Salary starts at $40K a year , commensurate with experience and education. Will include mileage reimbursement, paid time off, offer for health insurance coverage, & 401K match after 1 year.
Contact Information and Procedure: No phone calls accepted for this position. Posting will close August 9th, 2019 or when position is filled.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com the position title in the subject line of the email.