POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing building maintenance, repair and upgrades, and complies with environmental, safety and health procedures relating to facility operations. The Electrical / Maintenance Technician ensures that the organization provides a suitable environment for its employees, guests, and their activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties,
knowledge or abilities associated with this classification, but are intended to accurately reflect the primary job elements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership and work direction in the installation, inspection, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and components in facilities.
2. Gather and analyze equipment failure information; makes decisions for the most efficient methods of accomplishing routine and emergency repairs.
3. Perform preventive maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems.
4. Coordinate and completes electrical installations for special events and activities.
5. Perform preventive maintenance of all electrical equipment and systems.
6. Use established work order system to monitor the use and cost of materials and supplies to ensure adherence to budget restrictions.
7. Request special janitorial services.
8. Stay informed of changes to space assignments in their facilities.
9. Determine material, equipment, and supplies to be used. Transfer’s equipment and personnel from one project to another as necessary.
10. Follow systems for monitoring and tracking service requests and preventive maintenance work performed.
11. Communicate needs for sufficient inventories of tools, parts, and supplies to properly maintain the property to the Director of Operations.
12. Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues.
13. Regularly inspects property for safety and security issues and reports any concern to their Supervisor.
14. Anticipates problems and appropriate solutions. Investigates, analyzes, and resolves operational problems and complaints.
15. Responds appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues.
16. Inspect on a routine basis electrical equipment, wiring, fixtures and other components to ensure they remain functional and are up to code, as well as to identify any hazards or issues.
17. Determine the reasons for any malfunctions of systems or components and create a maintenance or repair plan to solve the problem.
18. Repair electrical systems, wiring, circuit breakers, equipment and other components so that they remain at full functioning capacity.
19. Test systems with devices such as voltmeters, oscilloscopes and ohmmeters to ensure the system remains safe and that components are compatible.
20. Review blueprints to understand the placement of wiring or to comprehend the working of the equipment to provide the right service and repairs.
21. Provide suggestions on the lifespan of equipment and other electrical components, advising when certain components should be replaced due to potential risks.
22. Keep records of all maintenance and repair work conducted, including a record of any supplies ordered and used.
23. Ensure all routine maintenance work is handled on a regular schedule to reduce the risk of larger and more complex issues and to reduce costs.
24. Estimate costs for repair and new installation projects; applies for necessary permits and communicates with code enforcement officials, as necessary.
25. Perform all work in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures, regulations and standards of safety and quality; ensures the timely completion of all work orders and assignments.
26. Attend training and meetings as required to exchange information and to enhance job knowledge and skills.
27. Perform other duties as assigned or directed.
Education: Requires a High school diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of Three (3) years related experience.
Licenses or Certificates:
o Valid electrical license or certification preferred.
o Possession of, or ability to obtain a valid driver’s license.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
Requires knowledge of standard practices, materials, tools, and equipment of the electrical trade knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions of the trade.
Knowledge of local, state and national electrical codes.
ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions; considerable.
Knowledge of all functions relevant to operation of electrical facilities and equipment
ability to operate various hand held tools, and electrical diagnostic and repair equipment, e.g., voltmeters, amp-meters, circuit tracer, rotation meters, power-factor meters, welders and drills.
Considerable knowledge of current codes and regulatory standards governing electric repair and maintenance of utilities equipment and machinery.
Ability to provide electrical plans oversight and recommend/develop modifications as necessary, to ensure overall project compliance with applicable codes and regulatory standards.
ability to read, update and maintain various records and files.
Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with minimal supervision.
Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and others encountered through the course of Employment.
Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results in a fast-paced Environment.
Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Requires medium to heavy work involving exerting up to 50 pounds of force on a frequent basis and exceptional dexterity and skill in operating machinery, tools, or office equipment.
UNAVOIDABLE HAZARDS: The position is exposed to extreme heat/cold, wet or humid conditions, bright/dim lights, dust or pollen, intense noise levels, vibration, fumes or noxious odors, moving mechanical parts, electrical shock, heights, traffic, toxic or caustic chemicals.
SENSORY (ADA) REQUIREMENTS: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities, color perception, depth perception.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Forward resume to email@example.com
MMG is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions
without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.