We are looking for Equipment Operators to join our Operations/Warehousing Team! This position includes competitive hourly pay, benefits, and PTO!
If you are looking to further your career and be a huge part of something great, apply below!
Radians® is a Memphis, TN-based manufacturer of quality safety glasses, including their premium Crossfire® line, hearing protection, performance gloves, high visibility clothing, cooling and warming gear, head gear, and footwear products. Radians has partnered with highly respected companies including DEWALT®, Black + Decker®, and Bone Collector to provide high performance personal protection products. The company has additional U.S. facilities in Reno, Nevada, Thomasville, North Carolina, Bellingham, Washington, and Gonzalez, Louisiana. Founded in 1997, the company continues to acquire new locations and lines of business in order to provide world class goods and services to customers around the globe.
The Equipment Operator is responsible for unloading trucks with incoming materials and moving materials to storage areas and between departments using a hand truck or powered industrial equipment such as a forklift. The Loader/Unloader may also assist in storing materials in designated locations and performing periodic inventory of materials and maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Must be able to drive Order Picker/Selector and Standard stand up forklifts
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information for all inventory, transfers and returns
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment
- Pick customer orders in preparation for shipment
- Verify and keep records on incoming/outgoing shipments; prepare items for shipment, including assembling, addressing, stamping, shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, arranging for transportation of products
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading
- Pack containers and re-pack damaged containers
- Inventory control and bin replenishment
- Maintain equipment storage areas to ensure that inventory is protected
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE and OTHER SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- 2 years forklift operation experience
- High School/GED
- 2+ years of related work experience; preferably in a warehouse/distribution/manufacturing environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently
- PC literate (MS Office) preferred
- Ability to load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products, manually and/or using industrial powered equipment
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Basic math skills
- Use of hand or power tools
- General problem solving/analysis capabilities and possesses attention to detail
- Inventory tracking software; scan guns or scanners knowledge helpful
Radians, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.