Patrick Accounting and Tax Services, PLLC is a CPA firm that specializes in serving small businesses. We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning and reporting, payroll processing, and back office support services.
We’re seeking a full-time Staff Accountant/Bookkeeper to join our amazing team. We’re looking for someone who is extremely detail-oriented, organized, driven and focused, but also personable. a great communicator, and a fast learner. Are you able to move quickly between programs and learn new technologies? Do you like to take chaos and create order? If so, apply today!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
• Microsoft Office
• Data entry
• Debits and credits
• Types of business entities.
• Individual income, small business, and payroll tax laws.
WHAT SKILLS YOU HAVE:
• Must be willing to embrace technology – we use a ton of different programs!
• Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
• Communicate well verbally and in written format with clients and managers.
• Can problem solve. Offer ideas and recommendations to clients.
• Ability to prioritize.
• Thrive working under deadlines.
• Like things to be complete. Get excitement from finishing tasks.
• Enjoy working with a variety of small businesses.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
• Take security seriously to protect all parties.
• Work efficiently with cloud-based systems.
• Assist with processing client financial information.
• Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations and sales tax reports quickly and efficiently.
• Easily spot errors in P&L statements and correct them.
• Maintain chart of accounts in a logical, clean manner, paying attention to P&L accounts versus balance sheet accounts.
• Reconcile gross payroll and payroll taxes from the payroll reports.
• Set up a QuickBooks file: bank accounts, set up online access for downloads, chart of accounts.
• Enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments and sales receipts.
• Set up vendors for 1099 processing.
• Process sales tax returns.
• Process 571-L property tax returns.
• Untangle A/R messes.
Patrick Accounting and Tax Services, PLLC will reward your talents with a salary of $36,000-$45,000 plus incentive based upon proficiency skills. We offer health, dental and vision insurance, as well as retirement matching, holiday pay, PTO, and many other perks to all full-time employees. Personal career growth is accessible within our firm.