Patrick Accounting of Memphis, TN is expanding our team. An exciting career opportunity exists for an IT Specialist. You will be the primary point of contact for all things IT! You will provide technical support to our two office locations, remote employees, and clients nationwide. In this role, you will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, repair and support of Microsoft Windows-based workstations and servers in a remote environment, peripheral equipment, and software applications.
Do you enjoy testing and reviewing multitudes of new software to help coworkers and businesses improve? Are you analytical, supportive, and a team player with a solid understanding of PC hardware, software, and networking? If so, apply today!
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience managing Windows servers is required.
- Passion for technology, emerging trends, and small businesses is a must!
- Certifications (CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco) preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field preferred.
- Strong knowledge of network management, internet security, data privacy principles, cloud servers (Microsoft Windows Server 2008 and 2012), VMWare, Duo, Active Directory, Group Policy, Office 365, and Exchange.
- Experience with accounting software (Thomson Reuters and QuickBooks) structure and troubleshooting highly preferred.
- Advanced computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft products; ability to grasp new systems quickly.
- Excellent diagnostic, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills as well as good interpersonal and presentation skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Provide end-user support for various applications and servers.
- Support integrations between multitudes of client systems and firm-level systems.
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot all networking components, virtual and physical.
- Manage firewall configurations, VPN connections, and remote access.
- Act as the liaison for data transfers, implementations, conversions, and integrations.
- Perform regular network scans, report on issues, and ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Schedule and complete upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Set up new users, groups, and rights; set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices.
- Manage hardware and software maintenance and licensing contracts, and local licensing services.
- Offer continuous improvement through innovation with technology. Always find ways to improve and automate processes. Review new apps, software, and integrations to improve our ability to best serve our clients. Stay up to date with emerging cybersecurity trends.
WHAT”S IN IT FOR YOU:
We make numbers feel less daunting and we have a darn good time doing it! We are a business casual office environment. (Yes, you can wear jeans. No, you can’t wear a tie.) We believe in a healthy work-life balance. There are frequent company outings and team lunches where we celebrate birthdays, milestones, and accomplishments. We work as a team and we win as a team! Our entire team strives to make Patrick Accounting a family – not just a place to work.
Depending on experience, you will receive an attractive salary of $45,000-$60,000. We offer a full benefits package including generous PTO, holiday pay, employer-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance, monthly profit sharing, 401(k) contribution of 3%, and many other perks to all full-time employees. Excellent career and income opportunities exist for someone who will grow with us!
Patrick Accounting provides outsourced bookkeeping and accounting for growth-minded small business owners and entrepreneurs. We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning and reporting, payroll processing, and back office support services. For more information about who we are, please visit our website (www.patrickaccounting.com) and find us on social media.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for our IT Specialist position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application. We will only consider online applications. Please check your junk e-mail if you haven’t heard from us within a few business days. Please do not call or stop by the office; these actions will disqualify you from further consideration.
Candidate testing and a background check will be conducted before employment. Our interview process is involved and thorough. Be prepared to meet with our team and ask a lot of questions! We look forward to meeting you!