Patrick Accounting provides outsourced bookkeeping and accounting for growth-minded small business owners and entrepreneurs. We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We assist business owners with monthly bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning and reporting, payroll processing, and back office support services.
We make numbers feel less daunting and we have a darn good time doing it! For more information about who we are, please visit our website www.patrickaccounting.com and find us on social media.
Patrick Accounting is seeking an Accounting Intern to join our amazing team. We’re seeking to hire an undergraduate college student (junior or senior) in the Greater Memphis Area. This is a great opportunity to learn from our team and work closely with our small business clientele.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Strong interest in accounting & tax services.
- Passion for small businesses and their success!
- Must learn new technology with ease – we use a ton of different programs!
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Like things to be complete. Get excitement from finishing tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Learn from & assist our entire accounting team!
- Take security seriously to protect all parties.
- Assist with gathering client financial information.
- Prepare monthly bank account reconciliations.
- Enter bills, pay bills, create invoices, receive payments and sales receipts.
- Process sales and property tax returns.
- Communicate well verbally and in written format with clients and managers.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
To best learn from our team and form relationships with our small business clientele, we prefer our interns to stay with us for multiple semesters. This is the first step in your career path with Patrick Accounting and we will do everything in our power to make you successful! Excellent career and income opportunities exist for someone who will grow with us!
We promote a healthy work-life balance; we are flexible and will work around your class schedule. We are a business casual office environment. (Yes, you can wear jeans. No, you can’t wear a tie.) There are frequent company outings and team lunches where we celebrate birthdays, milestones, and accomplishments. We work as a team and we win as a team! Our entire team strives to make Patrick Accounting a family – not just a place to work.
We will only consider online applications. Please check your junk e-mail if you haven’t heard from us within a few business days. Please do not call or stop by the office; these actions will disqualify you from further consideration.
Candidate testing will be conducted before employment. We take our time in the interview process to make sure we communicate the job expectations and to make sure the candidate is the right fit for our office culture. Our interview process is involved & thorough. Be prepared to meet with our team and ask a lot of questions!