Patrick Accounting of Memphis, TN is looking to hire a full-time Accounting and Tax Manager. We provide outsourced bookkeeping and accounting for growth-minded small business owners and entrepreneurs. We work with owners of small businesses to help them be better organized, make more money, and save on taxes. We provide a structured package of services including monthly bookkeeping, accounting, tax planning and reporting, payroll processing, back office support services, and most importantly – advice and consultation!
- Are you passionate about small businesses and their success?
- Are you tired of the “fire drill” mentality at your current firm? (Late nights that never end, always another “accounting emergency”.)
- Are you looking for work/life balance AND a unique opportunity for success? (Would you like to go home for dinner on time once in a while?)
- Are you an accountant with a fresh, energetic, and great personality? (Is this an oxymoron?)
- Do you want to work directly with awesome business owners? (Blue collar or white collar, it doesn’t matter to us!)
- Are you interested in being part of a unique firm that is laid back and thinks outside the box? (Yes, you can wear jeans! No, you can’t wear a tie!)
- Do you want to be a part of a firm that values what you can bring to the table?
As an Accounting and Tax Manager, your main responsibility will be to provide outstanding personal service to a section of our small business clientele. We interact with our clients on a frequent basis and our systems keep workflow running smoothly throughout the year. You will supervise and review the monthly accounting process, prepare and review tax filings (1040, 1065, 1120), and help our clients with ongoing tax planning. As a primary contact person, you will provide exceptional personal service to clients in long-lasting working relationships. We need your help to service a rapidly growing number of clients!
- CPA or EA required.
- Quickbooks ProAdvisor preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a CPA firm.
- Passionate about small business and their success.
- Upbeat, confident, and friendly personality.
- Experience with tax return preparation (individuals, partnerships, and corporations).
- Be able to work with any type of small business owner.
- Must be computer savvy; embrace and learn new technology with ease!
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW:
We have offices in Memphis, TN, and Sherwood, AR; depending on experience, remote work is allowed.
You will have a seat at our management table; your entrepreneurial drive to help us grow our business is just as important as your technical skills! Because we are a small firm, our team plays a real role in our clients’ success. We know that having the best team is critical to our own success. Our team is generous in sharing their time and helping others develop new skills quickly. We help our team develop into experienced accounting and tax professionals. Our goal is to help our team thrive professionally and personally.
We believe in a healthy work-life balance. We are tech-forward and process-driven, so there are no endless late nights! (Yes, you can make it home in time for family dinner.) Our tax season is only in the spring; our managers average less than 50 hours per week. We have rock-solid systems in place for providing client service that allows our team scheduling flexibility and balance. (No “fire drills”!)
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU:
Depending on experience, you will receive an attractive salary of $60,000-$100,000 including an incentive bonus based upon proficiency skills. We offer monthly profit sharing, generous PTO, holiday pay, employer-paid health, vision, dental, and life insurance, 401(k) contribution of 3%, and many other perks to all full-time employees. Excellent career and income opportunities exist for someone who will grow with us!
We make numbers feel less daunting and we have a darn good time doing it! There are frequent company outings and team lunches where we celebrate birthdays, milestones, and accomplishments. We work as a team and we win as a team! Our entire team strives to make Patrick Accounting a family – not just a place to work.
READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
We understand your time is valuable and that is why we have a very quick and easy application process. If you feel that you would be right for our Accounting and Tax Manager position, please fill out our initial 3-minute, mobile-friendly application.
We will only consider online applications. Please check your junk e-mail if you haven’t heard from us within a few business days. Please do not call or stop by the office; these actions will disqualify you from further consideration. Candidate testing and a background check will be conducted before employment. Our interview process is involved and thorough. Be prepared to meet with our team and ask a lot of questions! We look forward to meeting you!