Overton Park Conservancy seeks a Visitor Services Coordinator to support the Conservancy’s mission and goals by providing extensive customer service to park visitors and supporters. The Visitor Services Coordinator will support the needs of park visitors wishing to host or participate in events and activities in Overton Park. This position will also directly support the Executive Director, with responsibilities for scheduling and office management. This is a full-time position.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Act as ambassador to Overton Park to promote community programs, rentals, and events, and inform park visitors about the amenities of Overton Park and the surrounding area.
- Coordinate the permit process for special events and facility rentals, from responding to calendar and rate inquiries to accepting final payment and closing out files.
- Conduct proactive outreach to park visitors, neighbors, local businesses and organizations to educate them about the park’s amenities and programs.
- Assist with outreach, planning, set-up, execution, tear-down, and close-out of a variety of volunteer and fundraising activities hosted by the Conservancy.
- Research and recommend policy changes designed to improve the visitor experience, increase efficiency and/or reduce costs associated with the Conservancy’s programs.
- Working with food truck operators, fitness instructors, and other park vendors, develop and implement policies and procedures for the use of the park for business purposes.
- Support the Conservancy’s membership program by coordinating membership fulfillment and proactively communicating with members.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with a range of partners, area businesses, residents, event rental customers, visitors, and supporters.
- Support the Conservancy’s administrative functions by answering phones, scheduling meetings, managing the purchase of office supplies, and other light clerical duties.
- Perform office work including email, activity reports, attendance, office projects, and other tasks.
- Attend all mandatory staff meetings and required trainings.
- Follow all Overton Park Conservancy rules, policies, & procedures.
- Maintain excellent communication with all staff & customers through verbal & written means.
- Maintain professional manner and appearance.
• Experience working with diverse groups of people.
• Experience providing excellent customer service to a wide range of general public.
• Available to work a variety of hours, including days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Experience working as part of a team and being proactive in actions and attitude.
• Experience engaging, educating, and discussing policies and procedures with members of the public.
• Experience in Microsoft Office and ability to learn and master new software.
• Be at least 18 years old.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Ability to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people.
• Ability to be outgoing, positive, friendly, assertive, independent, and self-directed.
• Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing information and situations by using critical thinking skills and leadership skills.
• Ability to multitask while being observant of the big picture.
• Ability to execute complex tasks in a precise, accurate & timely manner.
• Ability to maintain a high level of organization and attention to detail, and to follow up with others as required.
• Basic conflict resolution capabilities.
• Ability to maintain professional demeanor & composure in difficult situations and in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to exercise good judgment, problem solving skills, and reason.
• Ability to manage time effectively & prioritize work assignments with minimal supervision.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism and supervision.
• Ability to set-up and take-down program equipment including tables, chairs, sound systems, stanchions, game equipment, etc. up to 25 pounds.
Work is performed both in an office environment and outdoors in the park in a variety of weather conditions. This requires walking, standing, and carrying materials weighing up to 25 pounds. Position often is performed with minimal onsite supervision.
Send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.