At the Orpheum Theatre Group, you will find amazing talent on our stages and throughout our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the Mid-South through our nonprofit mission, which includes our numerous education and community engagement programs and our commitment to equity and diversity. Our Orpheum Theatre Group team is dynamic, creative, innovative, and community-minded, and we are ready to welcome you!
The Senior Manager of Development will work to create, build, and sustain relationships with the corporate community in Memphis and beyond with the goal of sustaining the OTG in the present and future. The position is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of OTG, its strategic plan, programming, and operations. The Director will continually look to build new partnerships and deepen existing relationships keeping in mind the need to expand the current funding base by numbers of partners and revenue generated.
How You Will Contribute
• Corporate Support and Prospect Cultivation
• Work to identify and qualify prospective businesses, nurture new and existing relationships and solicit financial gifts and sponsorships
• Build and manage a corporate partners program. Generate leads and prospects for the sponsorship of various OTG programs and events
• Track and achieve strategic annual fundraising goals
• Develop and execute relationship strategies and goals
• Manage recognition and acknowledgement of corporate partners and sponsors
• Ensure the fulfillment of corporate partner and sponsor benefits
• Golf Tournament Management
• Manage and grow annual golf fundraiser. Track and achieve annual fundraising goal
• Manage recruitment of new and renewal sponsorships. Enlist new and returning teams
• Oversee the development of all promotional and marketing materials
• Manage all aspects of the event, including but not limited to relationship with event venues, set-up, staffing, prizes, and follow-up. Prepare all event financial reports and updates
• Display stewardship in all interactions with participants, sponsors, and staff of events
• Restaurant/Business Partner Management/Marquee support
• Coordinate Perks Program for season ticket holders and the Spotlight Partner Program
• Solicit renewals and new partners and prospects for Spotlight Partner Program
• Manage benefit offers on the Website and in Marquee and tracks the trade from partners
• Generate support of annual and seasonal Marquee sponsors
• Manage support for EDUCE print or digital programs
Department and Organization Participation
• Contribute to department and organizational goals as well as individual goals
• Assist as needed on all department duties as assigned
• Support the organization’s fundraising initiatives and assist as needed at fundraising events
• Contribute to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to equity
• Attend community events as a representative of the Theatre
How You Stand Out
Preferred Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s degree required
• 5+ years fundraising experience including 3+ years focus in corporate fundraising
• Proven knowledge of fundraising and development principles, methods, and procedures
• Outstanding persuasive written and verbal communication skills
• Requires excellent administrative, organizational, planning, budgeting, and interpersonal skills
• Strong attention to detail and follow through
• Strong ability to listen and understand the special desires and philanthropic intentions of prospects and donors.
• Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences.
• Requires critical thinking and the ability to be decisive
• Strong knowledge of MS-Office and fundraising database systems
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, have the ability to multi-task, and be flexible.
• Must be able to work collaboratively
• Willing and available to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as required
How We Stand Out
Benefits and Perks
• 401(k)and 401(k) matching
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid time off
• Unlimited paid sick time
• Paid holidays
• Parental leave
• Parking provided
• Tuition reimbursement opportunities
• A diverse team of colleagues
• Volunteer and committee opportunities
• Tickets to select Orpheum and Halloran Centre events as available
• Campus located in the heart of downtown Memphis with a historic theatre and modern performing arts and education center
The mission of the Orpheum Theatre Group is to enhance the communities we serve by utilizing the performing arts to entertain, educate and enlighten while preserving the historic Orpheum Theatre and the Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
The Orpheum Theatre Group will strive to be a world-class performing arts organization, serving as a cultural beacon and catalyst for positive change.
• Innovative: The Orpheum Theatre Group takes risk and invests in new ideas.
• Inclusive: The Orpheum Theatre Group is welcoming and accepting to all.
• Inspirational: The Orpheum Theatre Group motivates positive change through the performing arts.
• Integrity: The Orpheum Theatre Group acts ethically and considers all viewpoints.
• lmpactful: The Orpheum Theatre Group provides meaningful opportunity.
• Transformative: The Orpheum Theatre Group changes lives, Memphis and the world.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are dedicated to equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit ourselves to listening to and elevating voices that have been systemically silenced.
The Orpheum Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Info: Title: Senior Manager of Development
Reports to: Vice President of Development
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Minimum Salary: $50,000
Submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org