At the Orpheum Theatre Group, you will find amazing talent on our stages and throughout our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the Mid-South through our nonprofit mission, which includes our numerous education and community engagement programs and our commitment to equity and diversity. Our Orpheum Theatre Group team is dynamic, creative, innovative, and community-minded, and we are ready to welcome you!
The Facilities Manager works closely with the Director of Facilities and Engineering in contributing to the organization’s success by, ensuring excellence and continuity in building operations, utility services and maintenance service contracts. The position is both internal and external facing with responsibilities including managing contracts with service providers, inspecting facilities to meet safety regulations and coordinating renovations and updates. The Facilities Manager is responsible for guaranteeing both venues are fully functional, safe, clean and code-compliant.
How You Will Contribute
• Ensure the facility is maintained to a high standard, including full compliance with codes/regulations, health and safety requirements
• Maintain day-to-day operations of facilities
• Supervise and coordinate the work of contractors, including general building, mechanical and electrical, fire alarm systems, lift maintenance, pest control, security systems, emergency light testing & inspections, waste management, utilities, and any other maintenance requests, closely monitoring progress to ensure quality and completion of work
• Prepare and maintain a planned and preventative maintenance schedule that anticipates and incorporates future developments with the building’s infrastructure, finishes, fixtures, and décor
• Ensure completion of ongoing regular maintenance, such as changing HVAC filters and light bulbs; minor plumbing, electrical, and carpentry projects; minor emergency repairs, etc
• Inventory and monitor Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment and makes recommendations on repairs, replacements, or upgrades
• Complete/coordinate regular/recurring maintenance and janitorial duties, minor/emergency repairs, etc.
• Advising supervisor on measures to improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of the facility
• Other duties as assigned
Department and Organization Participation
• Contribute to department and organizational goals as well as individual goals.
• Assist as needed on all department duties as assigned.
• Contribute to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to equity.
How You Stand Out
Preferred Experience and Education
• High School Diploma or GED required; 2-year community college or trade school degree preferred
• Minimum 2 years of experience in relevant/related field
• Excellent carpentry and painting skills
• Strong working knowledge of building procedures.
• Working knowledge of electrical and plumbing trades
• An appreciation and understanding of historic architecture and its preservation, restoration, and rehabilitation is a plus
• Basic knowledge of computer word processing, spreadsheet, and internet usage
• Solid written/verbal communication skills with internal staff and external constituents
• Great organizational and multitasking abilities
• Fosters a high regard for exceptional customer service.
• Adept at clear and personable communication across all functions of the business.
• Possesses strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• Willing to work flexible hours, including nights and weekends, as requested.
• Must be physically able to move furniture or signage if asked.
How We Stand Out
Benefits and Perks
• 401(k)and 401(k) matching
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid time off
• Unlimited paid sick time
• Paid holidays
• Parental leave
• Parking provided
• Tuition reimbursement opportunities
• A diverse team of colleagues
• Volunteer and committee opportunities
• Tickets to select Orpheum and Halloran Centre events as available
• Campus located in the heart of downtown Memphis with a historic theatre and modern performing arts and education center
The mission of the Orpheum Theatre Group is to enhance the communities we serve by utilizing the performing arts to entertain, educate and enlighten while preserving the historic Orpheum Theatre and the Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
The Orpheum Theatre Group will strive to be a world-class performing arts organization, serving as a cultural beacon and catalyst for positive change.
• Innovative: The Orpheum Theatre Group takes risk and invests in new ideas.
• Inclusive: The Orpheum Theatre Group is welcoming and accepting to all.
• Inspirational: The Orpheum Theatre Group motivates positive change through the performing arts.
• Integrity: The Orpheum Theatre Group acts ethically and considers all viewpoints.
• lmpactful: The Orpheum Theatre Group provides meaningful opportunity.
• Transformative: The Orpheum Theatre Group changes lives, Memphis and the world.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are dedicated to equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit ourselves to listening to and elevating voices that have been systemically silenced.
The Orpheum Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Submit all resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org