At the Orpheum Theatre Group, you will find amazing talent on our stages and throughout our dedicated staff. We are committed to serving the Mid-South through our nonprofit mission, which includes our numerous education and community engagement programs and our commitment to equity and diversity. Our Orpheum Theatre Group team is dynamic, creative, innovative, and community-minded, and we are ready to welcome you!
The Education and Engagement Administrator serves as a hub within the Education and Community Engagement department for all aspects of administration, finance, archives, scheduling, and operations. This team player is one who believes in supporting the mission and programmatic work from the administrative and engagement side and works quickly, efficiently, and with attention to detail in a fast-paced and ever-evolving department. They are collaborative, innovative, forward-thinking, and passionate. They will work to support the entire departmental team and the people it serves for program growth and development, community building, and efficiency in protocol and practice for day to day operational functions. This role works closely on Mending Hearts Camp, Camp SAY Across the USA: Memphis, Teacher Professional Development, STAR Council, the Orpheum High School Musical Theatre Awards, and general departmental functions while also liaising across departments within the Orpheum organization at large.
How You Will Contribute
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Administrative Program Management
o Manage recruitment, registrations, payments, and communications with program participants including students, teachers, parents, caregivers, families, and community partners.
o Track and provide reporting on all programs with regard to attendance numbers, budgeting, income, expenses, survey results, and other data assessments as necessary.
o Coordinate all correspondence with program participants providing support, returning phone calls and emails, and maintaining participant relationships.
o Solicit new attendees and increase awareness of programs.
o Manage budgets and reconcile month end ﬁnancial reporting.
o Liaise with the marketing department, maintaining consistency in copy and staying on deadline.
o Administer and track feedback surveys.
• Operations and Scheduling
o Coordinate departmental calendar, both internally and in organization-wide scheduling.
o Book, track, conﬁrm, and adjust logistical space needs on campus and oﬀ site as necessary.
o Prepare event setups, communicate event needs, and run registration check-ins for events/programs.
o Coordinate necessary travel and accommodation arrangements.
o Expense reports reconciliation.
o Schedule meetings, take minutes, and maintain follow up deadlines.
• Archival Coordination
• Cull and maintain photo and video archive.
• Maintain overall departmental archives.
o Act as a chaperone for Broadway and Backstage 101 sessions throughout the season.
o Assist in seating and facilitation of Student Matinees and Saturday Series, including facilitating engagement activities.
o Prepare reports for development and education grants and sponsorship as needed.
o Route and assist with department document edits.
o Seek up-to-date knowledge on best practices, innovative strategies, and emerging technologies to serve departmental and organizational needs.
o Work evenings and weekends as needed to fulfill responsibilities.
Department and Organization Participation
• Contribute to department and organizational goals as well as individual goals.
• Assist as needed on all department duties as assigned.
• Support the organization’s fundraising initiatives and assist as needed at fundraising events.
• Contribute to the organization’s mission, vision, values, and commitment to equity.
How You Stand Out
Preferred Experience and Education
• 1-year experience in arts or education administration
• Experience in Regpack or other similar cloud-based registration and database reporting software, including experience with product design, tracking, conditional logic, and database management.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Oﬃce Suite
• Experience in company or stage management and/or general working knowledge of the theatre industry
• Experience with arts-related contracts
• Database design and management
• Budget design and ﬁnance reconciliation capabilities.
• Proﬁciency with Microsoft and Mac operating system
• Working knowledge of the theatre and general arts and humanities
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Clear and accurate communication skills, both written and verbal
• Fluidity and ﬂexibility to meet ever evolving needs, practices, and personalities while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Commitment to maintaining sensitive and confidential information from program participants and partners.
• Creativity energized by new challenges.
• Attention to detail and adept at proofreading.
• Customer Service and success at relationship creating, maintaining, and building.
• Commitment to inclusion and heightened awareness to cultural sensitivities
• Self-starting and forward-thinking; ability to anticipate needs and challenges in advance.
• Advanced organizational skills: position manages many projects at various stages of completion at a time while still adhering to deadlines.
• Commitment to presence and intentionality – able to see the big picture.
• Desire to seek continued knowledge, growth, and best practices – both for the department and as an individual
• Passionate about the arts – particularly theatre
• Comfortable working both as part of a team and as an individual in a fast-paced environment
• Open to constructive feedback
How We Stand Out
Benefits and Perks
• 401(k) and 401(k) matching
• Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
• Paid time oﬀ
• Unlimited paid sick time
• Paid holidays
• Parental leave
• Parking provided
• Tuition reimbursement opportunities
• A diverse team of colleagues
• Volunteer and committee opportunities
• Tickets to select Orpheum and Halloran Centre events as available.
• Campus located in the heart of downtown Memphis with a historic theatre and modern performing arts and education center.
The Orpheum Theatre Group does not offer relocation assistance for this position.
The mission of the Orpheum Theatre Group is to enhance the communities we serve by utilizing the performing arts to entertain, educate and enlighten while preserving the historic Orpheum Theatre and the Halloran Centre for Performing Arts & Education.
The Orpheum Theatre Group will strive to be a world-class performing arts organization, serving as a cultural beacon and catalyst for positive change.
• Innovative: The Orpheum Theatre Group takes a risk and invests in new ideas.
• Inclusive: The Orpheum Theatre Group is welcoming and accepting to all.
• Inspirational: The Orpheum Theatre Group motivates positive change through the performing arts.
• Integrity: The Orpheum Theatre Group acts ethically and considers all viewpoints.
• Impactful: The Orpheum Theatre Group provides meaningful opportunities.
• Transformative: The Orpheum Theatre Group changes lives, Memphis and the world.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
We are dedicated to equity, inclusion, and respect. We commit ourselves to listening to and elevating voices that have been systemically silenced.
The Orpheum Theatre Group is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer, we will consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age (40+), disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Minimum Salary: $39,500
Interested candidates should submit cover letter, résumé, and references to email@example.com as soon as possible.