Responsible for performing financial analyses and risk assessments of Commercial Real Estate credit requests, including new requests, renewals and modifications to support and advance successful commercial lending objectives of the Credit Union.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Underwrites complex CRE loan transactions for new and existing members with complicated borrowing structures, formulating mitigated risk recommendations, synthesized in the form of well-written and accurately analyzed narratives.
2. Prepares and submits credit packages with recommendations to approve or disapprove extensions of credit.
3. Reviews property operating statements, leases, rent rolls, and real estate schedules to perform detailed cash flow analysis. Performs stress testing scenarios on construction projects and stabilized income-producing real estate properties.
4. Completes risk ratings as a means to proactively mitigate potential risk associated with each asset within the portfolio. Maintains strong understanding of Orion’s commercial credit culture, credit policy, and procedures and is able to accurately risk-rate loans using the company’s methodology.
5. Performs routine annual reviews of relationships within portfolio and reviews loan documents and approvals to determine information that is needed for renewals/modifications.
6. Facilitates timely receipt of current and satisfactory financial statements of all types, tax returns, and personal financial statements, and analyzes complex personal financial statements and personal tax returns of sponsors/guarantors, as well as contingent debt.
7. Contacts internal/external parties as appropriate to gather information and to clarify inconsistent, incorrect or missing information. May perform relevant pre-approval and post-approval activities.
8. Attends calls with lending staff in order to gain a thorough understanding of the member/prospect and their business in order to determine the merits of specific loan requests and loan structure, as well as assist in the management of the member relationship.
9. Maintains timeliness and accuracy of credit analysis and underwriting work product.
10. Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by the EVP of Commercial Real Estate and Director of Commercial Lending.
11. Contribute to commercial lending team culture to ensure it is consistent with the mission, vision and values of the Credit Union. Communicate credit union goals and direction with all team members to ensure clear understanding of rules, regulations, policies and expectations.
12. All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/CERTIFICATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and training
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 5+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate underwriting, credit structuring, credit/portfolio management and administration, or other applicable risk assessment experience.
Extensive knowledge of commercial real estate analysis, lending practices and related areas. Extensive knowledge of Fair Lending Laws and Regulations and comprehensive understanding of NCUA and CFPB regulations. Advanced knowledge of personal/business financial statements and tax returns. Highly analytical with ability perform extensive research and report findings. Demonstrated ability to work independently, solve problems and multi-task with a sense of urgency in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment. Ability to efficiently and effectively perform duties with accuracy and within designated time frames. Ability to prioritize multiple projects and demands, and manage timelines. WORKING CONDITIONS: Typical office environment.
Orion FCU is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or any other federal or state protected class. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact us to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.