Responsible for ensuring the quality, timeliness and accuracy of internal or external websites and support the strategies and overall goals of the facility/system. Manages content contributions, content strategies, and the overall MLH website. Plays a key role in development of content as a writer and editor and oversees a content editorial committee. Assists in promoting facility’s/system’s emerging internet presence through use of a content management system and associated solutions. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Journalism, English, Communications or related field.
Must have at least five (5) years of progressive experience with writing, editing, and communication for electronic media at a high level.
– Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new computer applications.
– Knowledge of content management technology and familiar with a web content management system.
– Ability to handle a heavy, complex workload, several tasks simultaneously and solve problems.
– Ability to understand marketing concepts, as well as write and edit content to target audiences.
– Excellent organizational skills, with ability to manage projects from inception through completion and works independently.
– Familiarity with the connection between electronic communications and the internet and an institution’s overall marketing and communications strategy.
– Ability to interact positively and effectively with Associates at all levels within the organization, as well as vendors.
– Ability to produce content geared to the needs and preferences of internal and external customers.
– Ability to understand and relate to other Associates the content management system knowledge.
Key Job Responsibilities
– Responsible for overall site strategy including development roadmap for adding new features and functionality to the site.
– Develops clear and engaging content that is consistent with the company’s brand image and addresses both business goals and consumer needs.
– Analyzes content marketing data to identify trends and anticipate consumer needs.
– Develops, execute and maintain a website content strategy.
– Leads an editorial committee to ensure that content meets the outlined content strategy, and delegating tasks to writers and editors and providing feedback.
– Performs content audits to assess how well existing content is performing.
– Performs content gap analyses to determine what type of content is missing and what is needed.
– Creates, adjusts, and manages the editorial calendar.
– Establishes style guides that specify the writing style and tone needed to create engaging content.
– Develops a solid understanding of the target audience through online and traditional market research.
– Performs other job functions as assigned or requested.
– The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
– Must have good balance and coordination.
– The physical requirements of this position are: light work – exerting up to 25 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently.
– The Associate is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity, such as preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
– The conditions to which the Associate will be subject in this position: The Associate is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions; job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found in general office or administrative work.