To lead and strategize all marketing and communication efforts of the Metal Museum. To support the project management and coordination of marketing materials, press and non-press communications, and manage the Museum’s website and online presence.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• Lead all marketing and communications efforts for the Museum’s exhibitions, programs, and events.
• Manage marketing projects and timelines, ensuring that other Museum employees and contractors meet content and design deadlines.
• Craft compelling content and write copy for a variety of communication channels, including but not limited to paid advertising, emails, blog posts, annual report, and social media, and coordinate with other Museum staff as needed throughout this process.
• Act as primary liaison to the graphic designer to strategize visual branding tactics and language for print and digital collateral.
• Manage digital assets including images, video, and related metadata.
• Create promotional materials such as brochures, postcards, direct mail, and event calendars for distribution.
• Respond to media inquiries, schedule interviews, write and distribute press releases, and maintain relationships with local, national, and international media contacts.
• Maintain a positive brand image and manage the Museum’s reputation through online business listings and review sites.
• Implement strategies to engage with new and existing audiences through social media platforms including, but not limited to, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube.
• Manage the website, including event announcements, e-commerce, embedded forms, and SEO.
• Oversee the purchase, design, and placement of all print and digital advertising, conducting research to place ads most effectively.
• Work with department heads to develop, implement, and track creative strategies to encourage deeper participation in Metal Museum programming and classes.
• Support efforts of the development department through the creation of promotional materials and communications around fundraising campaigns.
• Actively and enthusiastically represent the Metal Museum to the public.
• Other responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, greeting guests and acting as an attendant for the galleries; monitoring cleanliness of the buildings; conducting tours; assisting with events; and performing other essential duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent required; associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience and training in marketing, website management, and social media management preferred
• Genuine interest in museums, metalworking, and visual arts strongly desired
• Ability to work with a diverse array of people, including Museum guests, supporters, clients, vendors, volunteers, and staff, in both large and small groups
Skills and Technical Competencies:
• Exceptional project management and communication skills
• Proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, Lightroom, and Illustrator
• Proficiency with email marketing platforms, Constant Contact experience a plus
• Proficiency with CRM software, eTapestry experience a plus
• Proficiency in several computer programs, including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Gmail, and web applications
• Familiarity with Google Ads
• Knowledge of event, product, and promotional photography a plus
Hours, Compensation, and Benefits:
The work week for this position is Monday through Friday, 9:30AM – 5:00PM, with rotating Sundays every four weeks. Additional hours (nights and weekends) may be required. All full-time staff are expected to be available to assist with Museum events. All Museum staff must be available the week of Repair Days, which is held annually in the fall.
The salary range is $38,000 – $44,000. Salary is contingent on experience and ability. Benefits include health insurance and a 3% Simple IRA employer match after 2 years of employment.
Completed applications must be received by October 25, 2021. Send a cover letter, resume, two references, and a writing sample to Carissa Hussong, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please, no phone calls.
The Metal Museum is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and people of color to apply.