Info: We are seeking a qualified individual for Adolescent Counselor to work in an adolescent residential treatment facility. The successful candidate will plan, oversee, facilitate, and document their patient’s recovery as well as provide high quality professional care.
Memphis Recovery Centers, Inc., (MRC) is a nonprofit agency committed to providing compassionate addiction treatment services for adolescents and adults who are experiencing major life problems due to the substance abuse and co-occurring disorders. Treatment is designed to be individualized, strength-based and goal oriented. By providing a continuum of skill building and interventions, treatment is intended to return the individual to an acceptable level of spiritual, physical, emotional, social and occupational functioning. MRC is concerned with the “whole” person and our substance abuse treatments not only address the addiction treatment, but also the physical, medical, behavioral, and psycho-social needs.
Why work for us?
MRC is located in Memphis’s Midtown neighborhood. As a non-profit addiction treatment agency, established in 1970, we’re not motivated by the bottom line but rather MRC is in the business of helping people. We save lives and send waves of change through the patients’ lives we serve, their families, and our communities. The dignity of our patients and our staff is held in high regard by MRC management. At MRC, we want our staff to succeed and be equipped to do the tasks at hand. We are a team, working together to bring a lasting impact in our world – one person, one family at a time. YOU can be a part of that effort!
• Complete psychosocial assessments and prepare individual treatment plans for each assigned patient (3 to 6 caseload size)
• Conduct individual counseling and therapeutic groups
• Documentation regarding patient care
• Provide general supervision and rule enforcement
• Plan for aftercare for assigned patients
• Master’s degree in Counseling or closely related field from an accredited college or university
• Previous experience in counseling field
• Prefer knowledge of Substance Abuse Disorders
• Prefer experience with adolescents
• Have a valid driver’s license
Shift: Evenings and includes one weekly staff meeting and one weekend day shift
• Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
• Life Insurance
• Long term disability
• Company Matched 401K
• Accrued Time Off and Sick Leave
• Graduate Level Education Benefits