The Memphis Music Initiative (MMI) promotes youth development through transformative music engagement, creating equitable opportunities for black and brown youth in Memphis.
We invest in two ways: through direct programs that connect youth to high-quality in-school, after-school and summertime opportunities, and by providing funding and resources to advance organizations working with young people.
MMI has three signature programs to execute our vision. MMI Works creates paid summer opportunities for youth to work at music and arts organizations and offers equitable access to career training and professional/personal development. In our Grantmaking and Capacity Building area, we invest to build strong and effective organizations through operational grant funding and supports that foster sustainability and improve program quality. We also offer our In-Schools music engagement program, which helps transform music classrooms into learning laboratories for personal development, growing student confidence and self-efficacy. Find out more about our work at www.memphismusicinitiative.org
The Human Resource Manager will plan, direct, and coordinate the over-arching H.R. functions of a full-time staff of 16-20, and a part time staff of 27 contractors.
The Human Resources Manager will report to MMI’s Director, Finance & Operations.
- With the executive director, developing and implementing the company’s evaluation and performance management program
- Providing positive staff relations and conflict resolution
- Creating and revising job descriptions
- Overseeing recruitment efforts for all personnel, including writing and placing job ads
- Conducting new employee orientations and employee relations counseling
- Overseeing exit interviews
- Developing, revising, and recommending personnel policies and procedures
- Maintaining and revising the company’s handbook on policies and procedures
- Participating in administrative staff meetings
- Coordinating training and development of staff
- Maintaining regulatory compliance
- Managing E-Verify compliance
- 3-5 years of H.R. professional experience
- Knowledge and experience in employment law, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee engagement, employee development
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a knowledgeable resource to the executive management team
- Work independently, exercising judgment, discretion and initiative with minimal supervision
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
- Superior written and verbal skills
This is a part-time position expected to work approximately 20 hours per week at an hourly rate of $25. Workplace hours may be negotiated so long as they occur during MMI’s normal working hours. General H.R. duties such as payroll, compensation program, benefits administration, and attendance will be performed by Finance Department.
Please submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Candidates of color are encouraged to apply. Memphis Music Initiative is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply for this position. Employees are chosen on the basis of ability without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation, in accordance with federal and state law.