Memphis in May International Festival is seeking an Independent Contractor to serve as Operations Site Coordinator for the 2020 Festival. This is a full-time temporary seasonal position lasting approximately 6 weeks, beginning in mid-April and lasting through approximately May 30th, 2020. The Operations Site Coordinator reports directly to the Festival VP of Operations.
The Operations Site Coordinator’s primary duty is to assist the VP of Operations with on-site event set-up and coordination, and other operational duties as needed, to include but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as primary on-site logistical contact for all third-party vendors & contractors.
- Oversee all asset distribution and general logistical placement and coordination of various production components of each Festival event.
- Manage site crew labor to effectively set-up and dismantle Festival events while keeping labor costs within approved budget.
- Monitor heavy equipment and operational asset usage to minimize damage to equipment and assets or to park property.
- Follow detailed production schedule to complete set-up of all Festival events in a timely manner.
- Ensure a safe working environment on site for all participants at all times.
- Conduct business in a personal and friendly manner as to represent Memphis in May in a positive light.
There is a mutual understanding that there may be issues or responsibilities not fully contemplated in this document.
- Knowledge and / or experience in event and entertainment planning and production, to include, in particular, current industry standards and practices for live outdoor event production and event safety standards.
- Spatial awareness, map / blueprint expertise, understanding of crowd control and flow and basic electrical and plumbing knowledge are required.
- Construction, project management and / or festival management experience preferred.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing (good phone skills, email, correspondence, etc.).
- The ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and project consequences of proposed actions.
- The ability to remain calm when working in high pressure, time sensitive situations.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to handle a multi-task work environment.
- The ability to work long hours as required for all event operations.
Compensation for the position is an hourly rate, commensurate with experience. Please submit resume / work history, highlighting past special event experience to: email@example.com no later than February 28, 2020.