Operations Administrative Assistant
Memphis in May International Festival is seeking an Independent Contractor to serve as Operations Administrative Assistant for the 2020 Festival. This is a full-time temporary seasonal position lasting approximately 14 weeks, beginning in late February and lasting through May 30th, 2020. The Operations Administrative Assistant reports directly to the Festival VP of Operations.
The Operations Administrative Assistant’s primary duty is to assist the VP of Operations with administrative and other operational duties as needed, to include but not be limited to the following:
- General Office duties including answering phones, sending emails and other correspondence and creating MS Word and Excel documents.
- Handling petty cash and collecting / organizing all receipts to ensure balance of transactions.
- Working within, and tracking, approved operation’s budget.
- Organizing and maintaining mobile office space to ensure an efficient place to conduct business.
- Conducting business in a personal and friendly manner as to represent Memphis in May in a positive light.
There is a mutual understanding that there may be issues or responsibilities not fully contemplated in this document.
- Some knowledge and / or experience in event and entertainment planning and production.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- The ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing (good phone skills, email, correspondence, etc.).
- The ability to analyze problems, identify solutions and project consequences of proposed actions.
- The ability to remain calm when working in high pressure, time sensitive situations.
- Extremely detail oriented and able to handle a multi-task work environment.
- The ability to work long hours as required for all event operations.
Compensation for the position is an hourly rate, commensurate with experience. Please submit resume / work history, highlighting past special event experience to: email@example.com no later than February 7, 2020.