The Memphis Grizzlies Foundation exists to foster conditions that lead to accelerated student achievement, ensuring that the rising generation is equipped with the skills needed to compete in the current and future economies. To that end, our mission is to find, fund, create, and connect best in class youth mentoring/development programs in the mid-South region. Every student needs and deserves a network of positive adult role models dedicated to his/her success.
The Coordinator, Partner & Program Support is responsible for assisting the Sr. Manager with outreach partnership development. The Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating and facilitating MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies Training Institute offerings and will also lead mentoring program staff through the National Quality Mentoring System (NQMS) to help create a work plan that assures mentoring program quality assurance and data management. Through this process, s/he will develop and implement strategies that position program staff to assess and develop mentoring programs with impactful programming.
In addition, the position is responsible for managing technology platforms to increase engagement, commitment and investment in mentoring solutions across the Grizzlies coverage area and record and report mentoring data for the Youth Mentoring Partnership both locally and nationally.
The Coordinator reports to the Sr. Manager of the MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies Youth Mentoring Partnership in the Memphis Grizzlies Foundation and is part of the collaborative partnership between the MMG Youth Mentoring Partnership, the Grizzlies TEAM Mentor Program, and the Memphis Grizzlies Community Engagement team.
- Fosters relationships with mentoring and youth development programs in the Youth Mentoring Partnership;
- Participate in, and support outreach to, mentoring programs and other community partners;
- Promote MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies products and services to program partners and allies; represent the Youth Mentoring Partnership at local, regional and national events;
- Execute communications across MENTOR Memphis Grizzlies network, including partnership newsletter;
- Create and update partnership collateral for distribution to internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate training institute logistics, including scheduling, selecting and training facilitators, training supplies and set up, and recruiting participants;
- Develop training evaluation methods to ensure quality of training facilitators and training materials;
- Facilitate Training Institute trainings, including Elements of Effective Practice in Mentoring National Training and New Mentor Training;
- Conduct training needs assessment to identify training gaps and recommendations for future training offerings;
- Identify community organizations to collaborate with to expand the training institute offerings.
- Assist in development and maintenance of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system such as Salesforce;
- Insures success of program development and management through the implementation of the National Quality Mentoring System (NQMS);
- Develop a data management process to outline the NQMS experience, including user outcomes; develop strategies to promote NQMS to potential programs;
- Perform on-site NQMS reviews and develop Improvement & Innovation Plans (Work Plans) for mentoring programs using NQMS process;
- Provide ongoing support for continuous improvement efforts by NQMS users;
- Review and recommend resources to partnership members as provided by the National Mentoring Resource Center.
Required Skills, Experience & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Non-Profit Management, Communications, Business Administration, Sports Management or related field;
- Minimum six (6) month experience coordinating volunteer initiatives and mentoring programs;
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact effectively with all types of people, including staff and management, professional and elite athletes, members of the media, senior government officials and corporate representatives;
- Knowledge of issues and best practices related to youth development, youth mentoring, education reform, community development;
- Demonstrated ability in conducting training to adults;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and public speaking skills;
- Excellent organizational, strategic and analytical skills;
- High level of integrity and emotional intelligence;
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence others;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and the internet;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience, either in an academic or professional environment, leveraging technology to advance execution of strategies, programs, and partnerships.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings, as required;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced/complex organization;
- Resilient and able to adapt to challenges associated with change.
Preferred Skills, Experience & Abilities
- MBA or advanced degree in relevant field preferred.
- Professional experience in designing and facilitating mentor, volunteer or team training.
- Experience in SQL, Tableau, Dynamics and/or Salesforce preferred.