This is a job unlike any other! Memphis Escape Rooms is looking for enthusiastic, creative staff members with good communication and problem solving skills. These games challenge people in a variety of scenarios to perform a series of challenging puzzles during a 60-minute window of time and escape before the clock stops!
As an Escape Room Host, you will help provide a unique and immersive experience for our customers in a new and exciting field of entertainment and team building! The Room Host’s main goal is to ensure all participants receive a “5-star” experience at Memphis Escape Rooms. The host will work with our Customer Service Specialist to greet guests as they arrive and on-board guests making sure they feel welcome and excited about the experience to come. The Host will assist guests to their room, give them a short intro to specifics of the room and shut the door. Host will monitor the 60 minute experience via wireless video equipment, providing pre-scripted clues at correct intervals and acting fast if guests need assistance. After the guests finish the experience, the host will greet the guests, celebrate their win or walk groups through the remainder of the room if they desire. The Room Host will reset the escape room quickly using a checklist to for the next group of guests. The Room Host may be asked to assist Team Manager with room upkeep and maintenance needs. The host may also be asked to provide customer support or phone support throughout their shift. The host will also make sure the facilities are clean with assigned duties each shift and keep their work area tidy.
- Be confident speaking in front of small groups and commit to treating every guest with genuine care.
- Be able to work independently and manage the guest experience from beginning to end.
- Possess a good understanding of technology usage and troubleshooting techniques.
- Have a high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Have the ability to work in a fast paced environment while upholding our standards of excellence.
- Possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Have humility, a teachable spirit and be able to handle constructive feedback.
- Be a team player and get along well with others.
- Have integrity and keep all information related to Memphis Escape Rooms’ business, transactions, consultants, vendors, customers, and managers confidential.
We have part-time and full-time roles available with the ability to move upward in the company quickly. We are hiring at both our Downtown location as well as our East Memphis location. Starting pay is $9 an hour.
- Must be willing to work shifts on Saturday and Sunday.
- Have passion for Memphis Escape Games and want to share that with others.