Summary: This position reports directly to the Child and Family Services Director and is primarily responsible for providing direct clinical services to an assigned caseload of clients. The Bilingual Therapist provides consultation, case management and other pertinent information as needed. This position completes highly detailed clinical and administrative records pertaining to work-related activities and assigned clients.
• Conducts intake, psychosocial and extended assessments as needed
• Provides direct clinical services for clients and their families including individual, group and family therapy, as well as leading and sometimes co-leading support groups
• Provides crisis intervention as necessary
• Develops and completes required reports in a timely and detailed manner
• Consults with appropriate CAC staff and partner agencies staff regarding client needs and problems
• Attends CPIT case review, CAC staff meetings; and clinical staff meetings to plan and review client status and assess effectiveness of services
• Schedules appointments and provides follow-ups for missed appointments
• Establishes and maintains clients’ records and complies with all requirements related to documentation of services rendered
• Prepares and submits proper summaries and reports to other agencies and professionals promptly and in accordance with confidentiality protocols
• Assists CAC staff and multidisciplinary team members with communicating with Spanish-speaking families as needed
Performs other duties as assigned
Salary Range: Commensurate with training and experience
• Master’s degree in social work or counseling from an accredited program with at least three (3) years of social work or counseling experience that includes providing therapy to children
• Highest level of state licensure preferred
• Fluency in Spanish and English required, Prior TF-CBT training preferred
• Working knowledge of child physical and sexual abuse and its impact on children and families; ability to communicate with a wide range of children and families from different cultural backgrounds
• Demonstrated computer experience with word processing or varied software required
Applications will be accepted until final candidates are identified. Send cover letter, resume and list of 3 professional references to Rajah Brown, Director of Operations at apply@MemphisCAC.org with the subject line: Bilingual Therapist.
The Memphis Child Advocacy Center serves children who are victims
of sexual and physical abuse through prevention, intervention, and education.
Our vision is a community where children are safe, families are strong, and victims become children again.
The Memphis Child Advocacy Center is an equal opportunity/equal access employer
Email resume, cover letter and 3 professional references to email@example.com