The Donor Relations Officer oversees the year-round donor experience to help secure renewed support, working tactically to support the integrity of donor relations. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Development, and working closely with the Director of Development, this position is responsible for the stewardship of specific groups of museum donors, including benefits-based members and donors to the Vive Le Brooks Wine and Food Series. In addition to ongoing stewardship and cultivation, this position oversees and manages membership programs and events and works closely with the Special Events Officer to execute the Vive Le Brooks series, strategically planning events to retain, cultivate, and solicit long-term donors.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree
• Three or more years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and event planning with a proven track record of success.
• Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously while adhering to goal-driven schedules and meeting assigned benchmarks.
• Creative, “out-of-the box” thinker willing to work cross-departmentally and with community input to deliver innovative events and programs that incite member engagement and loyalty.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including public speaking.
• Familiarity with basic principles of sales and marketing.
• Personable, positive, and can-do approach to work with a customer-service mindset and demonstrated ability to use good judgement and maintain confidentiality.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse audiences, including staff, management, board members, volunteers, donors, and vendors.
• Available to work occasional evenings and weekends when required.
Salary: $45,000 – $50,000, commensurate with experience
Qualified individuals may apply by sending resume with cover letter, salary requirements and three professional references to email@example.com
The Memphis Brooks Museum of Art is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.