Join a team of passionate Memphians working to create catalytic positive change for our city. More than a place, Memphis is an experience. We are looking for individuals who are excited about that experience and our future and want to bring their expertise and talents to represent and build the Memphis brand. From administration and finance to community engagement and outreach, every day is different but our goal is the same: we’re working to make Memphis win.
Memphis Brand is 501c3 nonprofit created in 2016 to foster growth and success of Memphis by building the city’s profile and equity in its brand. The mission of MBI is to lead brand stakeholders in well-coordinated, best-in-class brand, marketing and communications practices which spark civic pride and attract talent, tourists and business investment to Memphis.
About the role:
The Brand Manager serves as a unifying force for the Memphis Brand team. This person must be able to work across Memphis Brand core verticals to provide support to digital marketing, communications, event productions and special projects. Of particular focus, this individual will lead Memphis Brand community outreach efforts, fostering longstanding and productive partnerships with neighborhoods across the community. The Brand Operations Manager is also responsible for day-to-day management of the office, manages accounts payable and receivable, and provides direct support to the President & CMO for scheduling, Board of Directors support and more.
• Plan and implement multicultural engagement strategy throughout Memphis community.
• Identify and build sustainable and productive relationships with community leaders and partners.
• Create strategies and programs for community partner participation and integration into the overall Memphis Brand.
• Identify and oversee production and/or participation in community events.
• Develop and maintain content strategies and editorial calendar elevating community stories and leaders.
• Manage daily office operations to ensure an effective and efficient coordination and use of resources.
• Manage day-to-day organizational finances including billings and payments with outside accounting vendor.
• Provide direct administrative support to President & CMO including scheduling meetings, management of calendar, travel coordination, and other duties as needed.
• Act as liaison to vendors including IT support staff, building maintenance and staff, and others.
• Oversee intern program including hiring, training, and collaboration with other employees for intern assignments.
• Plan and prepare all meetings for the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and other partnerships including materials, planning, and catering.
• Provide support and administrative backup for special projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Deep understanding of Memphis and its residents, history, and current trends
• 2-5 Years of previous administrative experience in scheduling, office management, or finance
• Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation communication skills
• Ability to handle multiple time-sensitive and confidential projects simultaneously
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Collaborative team player
• Deep understanding and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Highly detailed oriented with strong time management skills
• Creativity and personal initiative
E-mail your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line Brand Manager position.