At Make-A-Wish Mid-South, we are more than a great place to work – our work is life-changing. Together, we create life-changing wishes for children with critical illnesses. We have been doing this for over 35 years, and together, with our volunteers, donors, staff and supporters, Make-A-Wish Mid-South has granted more than 6,000 life-changing wishes and transformed countless lives.
THE TEAM Make-A-Wish Mid-South is headquartered in Memphis, TN with remote offices in Little Rock, AR and Fayetteville, AR. We serve wish children throughout the MidSouth, including the state of Arkansas, west Tennessee and north Mississippi. The Development team is committed to raising the funds needed to grant the wish of every eligible child.
THE ROLE The Corporate Development Specialist raises funds from corporations in the north Mississippi, northeast Arkansas, and west Tennessee regions through corporate and corporate foundation giving, the Wishmakers at Work program, cause marketing campaigns, and national corporate partnerships.
WHERE YOU COME IN As the Corporate Development Specialist, you will:
- Develop strategies and implement plans to cultivate, upgrade and acquire corporate giving through Wishmakers at Work efforts, matching gift opportunities, general corporate giving, and corporate foundation giving.
- Work with Make-A-Wish America to promote national partnerships on a local level. Act as Chapter Lead on these national corporate alliances by relaying relevant information to Development staff in Arkansas.
- Cultivate and implement all Cause Marketing campaigns in north Mississippi, northeast Arkansas, and west Tennessee while ensuring compliance with MAWA and BBB standards.
- Support event sponsorship prospect identification.
- Work with development team to drive growth to achieve chapter revenue goals.
- Assist the Development team with donor stewardship.
- Represent the chapter positively at speaking engagements and presentations to various groups and donors.
- Attend fundraising events when appropriate and approved. Evening and weekend work and/or travel are required with varying frequency.
- Attend weekly Development Department Meetings and one-on-one meetings with the Director of Development as scheduled or requested.
- Prepare regularly scheduled or special reports accurately and efficiently.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum three years of fundraising, sales, or account management experience.
- Ideal candidates bring significant skill and experience in presenting to and managing relationships with corporations and senior executives.
- Ability to work and communicate with a wide range of internal and external constituents.
- Manage multiple priorities efficiently.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of Make-A-Wish.
- Thorough understanding of the Memphis community as well as regional area.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Comfortable speaking in front of groups.
- Experience in Raiser’s Edge preferred.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary.
- Paid time off: Vacation – 12 days per year, increasing with tenure; Personal Leave – 12 days per year; and 12 holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule.
- Comprehensive benefit package that is paid for by the chapter, including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan, including a match after completion of six months of service.
- Employee awards and recognition programs.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.