LEO Events is a global brand-experience agency fueled by vision and driven by experts with the skills to
create moments people remember. At LEO, we’ve been delivering results for clients for more than a decade – clients like Walmart, Sherwin-Williams, ExxonMobil, AutoZone, and KAABOO. Through meeting and event management, production, creative, and digital and technology services, our business mix is 90% B2B and 10% Public Events and B2C activations. Most recently named to EventMarketer’s Top 100 It List and Special Events’ Top 50 Companies for the fourth consecutive year, LEO is a magnet for talent, and we’re constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our team. Our corporate headquarters are located in Memphis, Tennessee and we have additional offices in Nashville and Chattanooga, Tennessee.
LEO Events is seeking an Information Technology (IT) Manager to manage the company’s computer
infrastructure, all aspects of technology systems, IT security, and services for LEO offices. This position is
responsible for providing technology leadership and management of technology systems and services to
include technology solutions provided to staff, offices infrastructure, clients, and exhibitors. This includes management of strategic and tactical activities to ensure satisfaction, technical delivery, contract compliance, and resource management. Identifies, manages, and solves technology problems and provides technology training to staff. Overall, this position is responsible for day-to-day IT operations of LEO Events, ensuring that all location’s technology objectives are met. While the clear priority is smooth IT operations, in addition, this position, on occasion, will assist in technical operations of select LEO programs as assigned. This position is based out of our Memphis, TN office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manage resources and processes required to design, plan, and support all information products and services
- Generate and implement information technology strategy, maintaining regular contact with executive team to determine business direction and need for technology support
- Recommend and/or determine the long-term system needs and propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish the desired objectives; participate on key business committees
- Negotiate and maintain responsibility for managing various IT related vendor contracts and subcontractors
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the information technology department including directing staff that support administrative and/or event related networking services and other information technology functions
- Manage all aspects of mobile internal communications technologies such as tablets, radios, or other data or voice devices utilized by staff to efficiently complete required assignments including procurement, distribution, inventory control, and support
- Complete and monitor budgets and business plans, including IT budgets within individual program and event budgets; reviews monthly revenue and expense reports
- Ensure software is kept current and supported by the vendor; ensure that all software copies are legal and are properly licensed; plan for software upgrades and fixes
- Develop and manage plans for security and performance. This includes firewalls, virus scanning, spam filtering, etc.; ensure adequate content filtering is in place.
- Train and assist staff throughout the year, so they become familiar with the basics of the computer systems, available software, and ways to integrate it into their daily objectives; develop and enforce policies related to computer usage in conjunction with HR Director
- Assist the technical team, on occasion, to oversee technical operations of certain programs as directed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience or equivalent training in information technology required
- Experience with computers, network systems, telecommunications, and internet
- Leadership experience
- Knowledgeable of industry related software and how to fully utilize
- Able to explain technical details to people who have limited knowledge in these areas
- Highly effective communicator with the ability to clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to envision and deliver innovative solutions
- Proven analytical, planning and organizing skills
- Drive for results with the ability to manage competing priorities
- Respects and maintains confidentiality
Environmental Conditions and Physical Demands:
Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer Employee required to spend a portion of time in a seated position looking at a computer screen.
Employee will be required to do some standing and walking. Employee will be in a well lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. Employee must be able to lift 50 pounds.