KNOWLEDGE QUEST MISSION
To Vigorously Equip Youth to Maximize Their Potential through Intellectual and Character Development.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Hospitality and Community Outreach Coordinator will provide a warm and welcoming environment for parents and children accessing the services of the Universal Parenting Place. Serves as the first point of contact for families coming to UPP and is responsible for setting a welcoming tone to all regardless of their
economic, cultural or religious backgrounds. Greets guests, answers the phone line, coordinates appointments with UPP staff for adjunctive forms of therapy through the arts including music, film, movement, drama and other sensory-based therapies.
- Greets clients and guests that arrive at Universal Parenting Place.
- Provides telephone coverage and coordinates appointments for the UPP Site Director.
- Assists with meetings, event preparation and educational activities.
- Maintains accurate records of client interactions and referrals.
- Orders supplies and arranges for equipment repair.
- Fosters ongoing communication with family coach regarding scheduling appointments and events.
- Conducts follow up communication with parents regarding upcoming activities, missed therapy appointments and scheduling therapy sessions.
- Creates and updates the Universal Parenting Place calendar of events with the ACE Awareness Foundation Executive Assistant.
- Promotes the services of the Universal Parenting Place to community groups and social service agencies.
- Works collaboratively with staff to develop recommendations and coordinate needed referrals for children and their parents.
- Provides child observation of children who accompany parents attending counseling sessions at UPP.
- Cultivates relationships with peer employees at other UPP sites.
- Develops relationships with community agencies for potential referrals.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed by the UPP Site Director.
Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent; College Degree preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 5 to 7 years of experience in health care, social services, non-profit or related field.
- Experience working with an urban underserved population.
- Experience utilizing electronic medical records for documentation and communication within a clinical team.
- Experience using software programs such as Microsoft Suite, Google docs/calendar.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Knowledge Quest, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.
Knowledge Quest’s policies, programs, practices and procedures for hiring and employment adhere to all Local, State and Federal laws.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a paid time off package. Benefits include healthcare, vision, dental and 401k savings plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org; please add job title in the title line.