The graphic designer works closely with the director of communications and other staff to oversee all design projects — from conception to delivery — for Kappa Delta Sorority and Foundation. She/he manages all design assignments, ensuring all work is produced on time, to budget and to a high standard. She/he collaborates with the rest of the communications department to brainstorm creative communications and develop marketing campaigns. The position is based at the headquarters office in Memphis, Tennessee.
Essential duties or functions:
- Maintain brand guidelines for the national organization and ensure brand consistency across all print and online materials
- Design and order all stationery for headquarters staff and national officers, including letterhead, envelopes, notecards and business cards
- Re-design secondary logos, as needed (chapter logos, International Women’s Friendship Month, Confidence Coalition, etc.)
- Design the quarterly magazine
- Work closely with the Angelos editor to make revisions, as needed
- Prepare art files for print
- Compile and design e-mail newsletter to launch digital edition of magazine
- Work with the communications manager to develop marketing plan for digital edition of the magazine; design accompanying graphics for social media
- Design graphics for all social media campaigns, across various social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter)
- Develop brand identity for all national events
- Design all print and online marketing collateral for national events, including signage, programs, handout templates, favors, video graphics, social media, booth materials, PowerPoints, etc.
- Assist with A/V on site for national events
- Assist the director of communications and the director of sorority growth and enhancement with the design of extension applications, presentation handouts and PowerPoints
- Design and order printed extension marketing collateral, as needed
- Work with senior leadership development consultants to develop budget for PR materials for new chapters; design and order all PR materials.
- Work with the foundation team on design projects as needed, including the annual report, impact report, social media campaigns, event signage, etc.
- Provide graphics for electronic newsletters, as needed
- Assist multimedia manager with graphics for videos
- Assist multimedia manager on photo and video shoots as needed
- Proactively recommend creative communications for marketing initiatives
- Design and update new member manual (Norman Shield) annually
- Complete special projects as assigned
Job responsibilities and tasks are subject to change based on the needs of the organization and at the direction of the supervisor or executive director.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite including Adobe Illustration, InDesign and Photoshop
- Expertise in key digital media disciplines/tools with an understanding of integrated media campaigns
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Team-oriented professional work style
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to assess office needs
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and strong interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and deadlines with the ability to manage competing demands for time
- Ability to learn new technology quickly
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel for national conferences
- Understanding of fraternity/sorority organizations a plus
- Membership in Kappa Delta Sorority not necessary
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing your qualifications, why you are interested in the position and your available start date.
- 3-5 design samples
- Completed application for employment
Please email documents to email@example.com and put “Your Name – Graphic Designer” in the email subject line.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.