At Indmar Marine Engines, we are dedicated to designing and manufacturing high quality inboard marine engines that deliver a mix of unrivaled performance, meticulous craftsmanship and groundbreaking innovations. We believe our employees and the different perspectives that they bring to the business are the driving force behind our success.
Indmar is seeking an experienced Materials Coordinator to join our team at the Millington manufacturing facility. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of inventory processes with previous experience in manufacturing. Candidates should be proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook & Word) and experience working within an ERP system. Below is a complete list of job responsibilities and required skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Performs daily analysis of inventory to determine material shortages and to predict potential inventory issues.
2. Plans, prepares, issues, and controls production orders and material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials and production orders to meet production requirements.
3. Confirms and releases work orders including verification of material availability
4. Prepares and issues production paperwork ,revises and reschedules shop orders when necessary
5. Responsible for reviewing requirement for production’s master schedule and reviewing current forecast for corresponding items;
6. On a daily basis reviews material availability in ERP/MRP system to plan actions in support of production schedule.
7. Works with department personnel including Material Handlers, production and buyers resolving material availability issues as they arise.
8. Communicates with Purchasing regarding needed stock, location transfers, counts, etc.
9. Works closely with the Production Supervisor to establish a production schedule based on customer orders, forecast and inventory levels.
10. Maintains a clean and organized warehouse. Performs and/or schedules warehouse upkeep to maintain visual presentation.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
1. Strong knowledge and understanding of inventory control processes.
2. Must have a strong attention to detail with the ability to analyze large amounts of data.
3. Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
4. Ability to work well interdepartmentally in a fast-paced, energetic environment
5. Experience using an ERP software with the ability to learn new platforms.
6. Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & Outlook.
7. Some knowledge of internal combustion engines and their parts is preferred.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Additional education or technical training preferred.
3. Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position preferably in a warehouse/manufacturing setting.
Indmar offers a competitive salary, affordable health benefits, paid time off and a retirement savings plan. Indmar is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages veterans to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $19.00 per hour