IT Project manager is responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of all bank projects, while remaining aligned with the strategy, commitments, and goals of the organization. IT Projects could include hardware, software, or system integration projects. Additionally, this role will support our System Administrator and Security Analyst in the daily maintenance, problem solving, and security administration necessary for all IT roles.
IT Project Manager Responsibilities
• Create & manage IT projects. Focus on inter-departmental integration and communication.
• Define project schedules; allocate resources, monitor progress, and alert of problems.
• Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives
• Deliver and install technology solutions across organization
• Help project team with the design and development tasks
• Lead processes of issue identification and resolution
• Manage risk tracking process
• Monitor and manage scope
• Work with department heads to identify business processes and ensure full utilization of technology options.
• Manage all documentation
• Work multiple projects simultaneously
• Foster partnership with customers/stakeholders/sponsor
IT Specialist Responsibilities
• Provide help desk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
• Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to requests received through the IT helpdesk
• Monitor Service Desk for tickets assigned to the queue and process first-in first-out based on priority
• Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, etc. for the local workstation
• Install, test and configure new workstations, peripheral equipment and software
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
• Critical thinking and problem solving
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
• Contract negotiation
• Conflict resolution experience
• Able to tolerate stress
• Thrives in collaborative environment
• Good communications skills, with customers, teams, and stakeholders
• Business & IT strategy experience
• Customer-focused mindset
• Knowledge of related software tools
• High school diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree preferred (especially in the computer science or engineering scope)