Community Troop Program: Design, implement, monitor, oversee and evaluate innovative ways to provide a customized troop experience aimed at increasing girl membership and Girl Scout presence in assigned areas. Ensure the vitality and relevancy of Girl Scout program delivery for membership recruitment and retention. Work directly with schools, community centers, religious organizations, and other groups to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience. Works collaboratively with members of the Program team as well as cross-functionally with other departments to ensure achievement of the goals of the council.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● With the support of the CGEO create an annual needs-based, data driven comprehensive outreach and recruitment plan for Community Troops with measurable goals.
• Design, develop and implement innovative plan for Community Troop program delivery.
• Supervise Outreach Program Delivery Specialist(s) throughout the council.
• Supports program and fund development via basic grant management and reporting.
• Create awareness and Girl Scout visibility through community involvement and engagement.
• Develop and modify outcomes based intentional curriculum as needed.
● Establishes contact and develops collaborative relationships with key leaders, parents, and school officials to expand the Girl Scout program in areas where Girl Scouting is not present.
● Facilitate and coordinate weekly or monthly programs at schools, churches, or community centers for the purpose of increasing membership and developing girl leadership.
● Initiate and cultivate community partnerships that extend the mission, vision, and membership of GSHS.
● Participate in program and membership planning processes to assist in the development of council goals, objectives, and action steps related to the program function.
● Maintains the necessary records and reports of programs, events, and activities for monthly management and yearly analysis.
● Manage administration, program delivery and communication around the Girl Scout Cookie Program to all Community Troop participants, volunteers, and staff members.
● Ensure appropriate on-boarding and training of Outreach Program Delivery Specialists and volunteers within the GSHS Community Troop Program.
● Effectively implement and communicate GSHS and GSUSA policies and procedures.
● Submit accurate reports and information requested in a timely manner to all departments.
● Assist in Girl Scout program implementation on the council level as needed
● Perform other duties as assigned.
● Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required.
● Ability to give and receive information by telephone, via email and in person.
● Ability to analyze data and produce required statistical reports and budgets.
● Ability to work effectively with adults, girls, and community groups reflective of the council’s diversity.
● Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
● Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends.
● Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources and projects.
● Excellent problem solving, ethical decision making, and conflict resolution skills required.
● Excellent time management and organizational skills required.
● Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty.
● Must be self-motivated and to learn, subscribe to, and promote the Girl Scout philosophy
● Skills in curriculum development and group leadership.
● Attend, actively participate and successfully complete required Girl Scout training.
● Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work
independently, and meet deadlines.
● Ability to learn, understand, apply, interpret, and promote the Girl Scout leadership development experience, and our policies, standards and organizational structures.
● Must provide own transportation.
● 2-3 years of experience
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
● Bachelor’s degree or related experience in child/youth development, program planning and implementation, and experiential education
● Valid state driver’s license
● Travel within the Council’s jurisdiction is required.
Job Titles of Employees Reporting to this Position:
• Community Troop Delivery Specialist (Full time, Part Time, Community Troop Volunteers)
Candidate must successfully pass drug screen and criminal background and credit checks.
Email resume to email@example.com