Part-Time Outreach Specialist
Greater Memphis Area
Implement, monitor, oversee and provide innovative programs for Girl Scouts in assigned areas. Ensure engaging and fun activities and programs for girls participating in the Girl Scouting in the School Day Program. Coordinate parent communications, girl recruitment into the program, and cookie program participation and delivery. Work directly with schools and school administrators to deliver the Girl Scout Leadership Experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Implements a comprehensive program plan, in partnership with Manager of GSLE and the Regional Manager of Membership, for girl recruitment and “in-the-school-day” program delivery
• Establishes contact and develops collaborative relationships with key leaders, parents, and school officials to expand the Girl Scout program in assigned areas
• Facilitate and coordinate weekly or monthly programs at schools for the purpose of increasing membership and developing girl leadership
• Participates in program and membership planning processes to assist in the development of council goals, objectives, and action steps related to the program function
• Maintains the necessary records and reports of programs, events, and activities for monthly management and yearly analysis
• Submits accurate reports and information requested in a timely manner to all departments
• Assist in Girl Scout program implementation on the council level as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to give and receive information by telephone, via email and in person
• Ability to analyze data and produce required statistical reports
• Ability to work effectively with adults, girls and community groups reflective of the council’s diversity
• Demonstrated ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekends
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage resources and projects
• Excellent problem solving, ethical decision making and conflict resolution skills required
• Excellent time management and organizational skills required
• Must be able to lift 35 pounds without difficulty
• Must be self-motivated and to learn, subscribe to, and promote the Girl Scout philosophy
• Skills in curriculum development and group leadership
• Attend, actively participate and successfully complete required Girl Scout training
• Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple priorities, work independently, and meet deadlines.
• Ability to learn, understand, apply, interpret and promote the Girl Scout leadership development experience, and our policies, standards and organizational structures
• Must provide own transportation
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree or related experience in child/youth development, program planning and implementation, and experiential education
• Valid state driver’s license
• Travel within the Council’s jurisdiction is required.
Interested Candidates must email their resume to email@example.com by August 26th.