The position will focus on and support the annual tax compliance process to provide well supported and documented analysis for management and for control purposes. The position will help develop policies and procedures to improve the efficiencies and the accuracy of the process.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Federal & state tax return compliance (e.g., prepare federal and state tax return workpapers, estimated payments, and notice response/resolution).
• Uses analytical skills to gather, interpret and review data to form conclusions regarding approaches and alternatives that could produce tax savings and tax credit opportunities. Makes recommendations to SVP, corporate taxes.
• Works to understand and to minimize and control tax risks. Makes recommendations to SVP, corporate taxes.
• Assists with Federal and State tax audits.
• Documents positions with thoughtful, well written memorandums.
• Develops policies and procedures to improve the efficiencies and the accuracy of the income tax return compliance process.
• Monitors and analyzes tax legislative, regulatory and compliance developments and communicates the impact to Management.
• Works on special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Conducts all activities in a professional manner, which reflects First Tennessee Bank’s culture and ethics
• Tax technical, analytical and compliance skills and experience, including process and internal controls
• Ability to communicate in an effective and professional manner both orally and written
• Detail oriented with strong troubleshooting and analytical problem solving skills
• Experience with tax tools, applications, and relevant financial systems (including OneSource Income Tax and OneSource Tax Provision)
• Ability to maintain positive, professional attitude in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
• Bachelors Degree preferred in Accounting or Finance; Master’s degree preferred
• 2 – 5 years experience in Big 4 public accounting firm, corporate tax department of publicly traded corporation or combination thereof
• Prefer experience with OneSource Income Tax, Power Query, Power Pivot, Alteryx.
• CPA or on path to CPA
Monday thru Friday
8AM – 5PM