This position will join the Enterprise Information Management team as part of our Information Management department within Enterprise Technology. The role will be responsible for expanding and optimizing our data and data pipeline architecture, as well as optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The ideal candidate is an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up. The Data Engineer will support our software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on data initiatives and will ensure optimal data delivery architecture is consistent throughout ongoing projects. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. This includes modeling and implementing data solutions in both our ‘big data’ and data warehouse platforms.
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Demonstrated inter-personal and consultative skills to work with business and IT stakeholders
• Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
• Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
• Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
• Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
• Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
• Work with stakeholders and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
• Work with SA to help in data ingestion, staging, data quality monitoring.
• Develops Hive DDL , DML required for data processing and ingestion
• Develops partition strategy for data ingestions
• Debugs Hive Jobs, Map Reduce 2.0 Jobs
• Debugs Spark jobs when data processing in spark is required.
• Drive the collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources, including the oversight for defining and reporting data quality and consistency metrics.
• Responsible for preparing design/technical/functional specification documentation.
• Designs, configures/codes, tests, debugs and documents software/solution according to Industry best practices
• Prepares test data for unit, development integration and performance testing.
Qualifications for Data Engineer:
• Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
• Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets
• Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
• Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
• Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
• A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
• Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
• Strong project delivery and organizational skills.
• Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
Experience using the following software/tools:
• 10+ Years in IT – Software development and Engineering
• 5 Years in Big Data and Analytics (Spark, Hbase,Hive)
• 3+ Years in Hadoop based technologies- Impala, Navigator, Kudu
• 3+ Years’ experience in data pipelining with any data integration tools ( DataStage, Kafka are preferable)
• 3+ Years’ experience in SQL
• Must of working knowledge of Enterprise systems (ESB, ODSs, EDW and ADW)
• Java based programming background.
• Experience with Azure cloud services
Banking / financial services industry experience a plus