This role supports First Horizon’s Regional Bank – Wholesale Banking, Specialty Banking, Consumer Banking – as the primary analytical resource for business insights, strategy development, performance reporting and forecasting. The successful candidate will bring a range of key experiences and skills to the organization: financial modeling, data science (data structure, mining and analysis), business strategy development, ability to understand/synthesize key business strategies, strong influencing and presentation skills and innate curiosity about drivers of the businesses’ performance.
• Develop unique insights into the LOBs’ performance, underlying causes and potential plans of action.
• Partner with LOBs to develop business strategies and help ensure adequate performance management and insights across the business units.
• Support product, channel and service pricing, including optimizing balance sheet mix and pricing, balancing alignment with corporate balance sheet objectives and competitive environments in diverse geographies. Evaluates performance of current pricing tools for effectiveness vs. alternative tools.
• Analyze product and channel usages as well as behaviors and profitability across markets, RM teams and customer segments to identify product gaps and opportunities for enhancement and new development of products, services and channels.
• Apply an in-depth understanding of critical behaviors (such as Certificate of Deposit (CD) maturity and cross-product balance flow or channel migration trends) and the drivers of such behaviors to inform ongoing LOB strategies.
• Own and manage key external benchmarking programs (BAI, Greenwich, Novantas, etc.) to enable comparative performance evaluation.
• Maintain and improve forecasting processes and accuracy (utilization rates, originations, fees, balances, etc.). Collaborates with LOB leadership and product owners in providing various forecasts in support of balance sheet and fee income growth, Asset Liability Management (ALM) and Dodd-Frank Act Stress Testing (DFAST) processes.
• Create or enhance reporting capabilities, leveraging data from multiple sources for presentation in tools like Tableau, SalesForce.com, etc.
• Partner with Marketing and other constituents to develop targeting strategies and tactics across customer segments for enhanced account acquisition, product cross-selling and revenue generation.
• Ad hoc analysis as deemed necessary by LOB heads or key partners.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Statistics or a related field. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of five years of experience in Finance, ALM/pricing or other quantitative functions in a large financial services organization at a management level.
• Ability to work across multiple internal stakeholders, business areas, and external providers to deliver high-quality solutions.
• Comprehensive knowledge of bank products, services and applicable regulations and compliance requirements.
• Advanced understanding of banking systems, channels, markets and customers.
• Direct experience in applying analytics to innovatively develop product and channel strategies.
• Proven background in understanding and leveraging market intelligence with respect to First Tennessee’s competitive environment.
• Good understanding and experience with data warehouse, data marts, databases, analytic and reporting tools such as Alteryx, Tableau, SAS, SQL and Cognos.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Monday thru Friday
8:00am – 5:00pm