As customer needs dictate, performs both Teller and Financial Services Representative (FSR) responsibilities. Provides a variety of services involving receiving and paying out money, and maintaining accurate records of all transactions, including processing commercial deposits received by armored car. Develop and retain long-term and profitable customer relationships to maximize revenue growth. Responsible for maintaining high customer service and procedural standards. Provides fulfillment of retail banking products either through referral based leads, prospecting lists or self-sourcing. Performs basic to moderately complex sales tasks. Performs tasks of the most complex teller tasks.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cashes checks within assigned limits. Accepts savings deposits and withdrawals, verifies signatures, posts interest, and balances as required. Accepts loan, credit card, utility and other payments. Issues money orders, cashiers’ and travelers’ checks, and issues or redeems savings bonds.
• Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
• Renews or opens new accounts. Opens and processes new demand and time deposit accounts including passbook accounts, IRAs, certificates of deposit, and money market accounts. Cross sells other bank services and refers customers to other departments as appropriate.
• May provide other customer services, such as preparation of collection letters and deposits to appropriate accounts, exchange of negotiable items (e.g., cashiers’ and travelers’ checks, certificates of deposit, foreign currency, and savings bonds), and processing of transactions and verifications related to commercial loans.
• Researches and resolves problems and responds to customer inquiries on account status. Maintains files.
Monday – Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 1:00 PM
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements
• High School Diploma and or GED with a minimum of two year’s experience in a financial services sales position or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to successfully complete Universal Banker training and pass the final exam.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Windows operating system & Microsoft Word and Outlook; knowledge of banking software systems preferred.
• Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations.
• Ability to read and listen, understand and communicate information and ideas in a clear and understandable manner, both orally and in writing.