At First Horizon Bank Operations, we are on a mission to deliver a seamless customer experience. We are passionate about doing things right and doing the right things. We collaborate with each other and with our internal business partners to delight our customers. We believe in creating an environment where everyone’s ideas are valued so that the team operates at its best. Our team members serve with humility and a deep commitment to their responsibility to be the best at serving their customers one opportunity at a time.
The Processor is responsible for managing all Exceptions Processing / Loan Operations technical processes ensuring that the functions meet high standards for quality and protects the loan assets of the bank. This position will support the Post Booking Quality Control and Exceptions processing team. This position is responsible for inspecting loan documents as well as completing various integrity reports. This position is also responsible for ensuring that we follow all policies and procedures.
We are seeking dedicated, disciplined individuals who excel in a team environment, who take ownership and who are enthusiastic about a job well done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
30% Productivity: Meets productivity goals within established time frames
30% Service Quality: Provides excellent customer service and meets quality/accuracy standards (measured by Service Level Agreements, customer feedback, error reports)
20% Lives our company values, embraces change and ensures an inclusive, positive work climate. *
20% Responsible for assessing risk and complies with all policies and procedures.
Areas of responsibility include:
• Responsible for the quality control of documents daily
· Perform related duties of inspecting documents and completing daily reports
· Maintain compliance with policy and procedures
· Work with others to ensure that the entire team’s work is within SLA
· Assist with onboarding new employees
· Responsible for all other duties as assigned
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
High school diploma with 1-3 years of experience in banking industry or related field required. Bachelor’s degree with Credit Operations experience preferred but not required.
Knowledge – Understanding of various loan documents, procedures, policies, and regulations. Familiarity with loan and servicing systems such as ALS, FD, ARX, iCL, APPRO, ONS, and SharePoint Workflow.
Skills – Proficient communication skills (written & verbal); Attention to detail; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook); teamwork/teambuilding skills; strong organizational and prioritization skills are needed.
Abilities – The ability to handle difficult customers; to follow procedures; to handle multiple tasks; to work with little supervision but know when to ask for help; to respond quickly to problem situations; to work under pressure and remain calm & pleasant; to take a systematic approach to work & plan ahead; to work well with others in a team setting but also be accountable for individual tasks, and to train/educate others.
- Ability to communicate effectively with own team, other teams within the department, as well as line of business partners
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to establish positive working relationships across the organization
- Ability to manage multiple issues in a timely manner
- Ability to succeed in a fast paced environment
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Must have a minimum of 1 -3 years of customer service experience
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of standard accepted practices or agreed upon Service Level Agreements
- In-depth knowledge in either consumer or commercial loans preferred – an understanding of both is preferred
- High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with or without the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 30 lbs