The Credit Analyst will work directly with the deal team in analyzing, underwriting and monitoring all credit facilities within their portfolio. As a Credit Analyst, the individual will learn the basics of deal making and loan structures while being exposed to other departments within the Bank.
The Credit Analyst is an excellent first position in banking that paves the way to numerous other positions within First Horizon including sales, credit, relationship management, loan review or other similar positions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Work with the Portfolio Manager (PM) and Relationship Manager (RM) in completing the credit analysis. The credit analysis is Commercial Banking’s primary document for analyzing and underwriting all new and outstanding loans. The credit analysis performs an in depth analysis on the borrower’s ability to repay focusing on the company and owner’s background, recent and historical financial performance, guarantor’s (if applicable) financial condition, and several other factors related to First Tennessee’s underwriting policies and guidelines.
Enter borrower’s financial statements into spreadsheet software to facilitate underwriting. Works to obtain industry information on borrowers’ industries to assist in identification of risks to borrowing companies.
Support the PM and RM team in managing the client relationship as needed. The Credit Analyst will sit in on credit meetings as needed and join the RM on client calls on occasion.
– Bachelor’s degree required, Finance or Accounting major preferred. At a minimum, the candidate should have exposure to finance and accounting through completed college courses or relevant work experience. 2-4 years of experience required; 4-6 years preferred.
– Accurate typing, spelling and grammar skills
– Proficient with applicable computer software
– Good written and oral communication skills
– Good organizational and customer service skills
– Good fundamental understanding of general bank operations, proficient understanding of the components of financial planning, deposit products, small business products, investment and insurance products.