The Disclosure Desk is a central piece of the loan process to ensure compliance with TRID, state, federal & government regulations. This role will primarily be responsible for ensuring that initial disclosures are prepared completely with accurate loan information and meet required time frames. Other duties related to compliance include adverse action notice distribution and auditing, and HMDA data reconciliation and corrections.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and complete Initial Disclosure Packages and Initial Loan Estimate
- Responsibly maintain consumer’s confidential personal and financial information
- Ensure proper loan set-up within LOS and loan structure is accurate according to Loan Program and Type
- Input fee data and prepare impounds and prepaid taxes/insurance to ensure correct figures are disclosed
- Send out disclosures package to consumers via E-Disclosures, in-person, or mail
- Monitor and Re-Disclose Loan Estimates and Change of Circumstances within 3 days of revisions.
- Review fee changes to determine accordance to TRID change of circumstance guidelines
- Troubleshoot and provide guidance to Loan Officers and Processors accordingly if consumers are unable to retrieve disclosure set
- Run Automated Compliance Testing and inform processor of any major fails
- Compliance review of each file prior to underwriting submission
- Review, audit and distribute adverse action notices.
- Review and audit HMDA data for accuracy.
- Vendor relationship with settlement agents as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of (2) years mortgage experience
- Experience using mortgage LOS
- Exceptional customer service skills demonstrating positive professionalism in all interactions with staff, clients and vendors
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently, both verbally and written
- Strong organization skills and detail oriented
- Can work independently with minimal supervision