POSITION SUMMARY: The Warehouse Associate performs all activities related to receipt, storage and movement of raw materials in a biotechnology environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work between company locations driving company truck for deliveries and assist in processing Material Request.
- Load and unload truck accurately and safely for warehouse deliveries, as well as securing loads before properly closing vehicle.
- Adherence to all DOT regulations and requirements including keeping a DOT compliant log book.
- Maintain accurate documentation on all departmental log sheets including inventory, lot number, cleaning logs, etc.
- Support receipt of raw materials and client specific materials into inventory and staging the materials in proper storage conditions (room temperature, 2-8C, -20C, -80C) as indicated on the Material Specification.
- Update Supply Chain Database.
- Ensure all materials are properly labeled, segregated, stored, and within expiry dates.
- Follow all established safety guidelines for dealing with hazardous materials.
- Perform inventory cycle counts.
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness of the warehouse at all times.
- Assist other team members as needed.
- Comply with all departmental and company-wide SOP’s.
- Complete and maintain current status with all required training.
- Perform inventory related tasks assigned by Inventory Manager.
EDUCATION AND/OR WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIRMENTS:
- High School Diploma or GED required. (Associate Degree or higher education preferred.)
- 1-3 years truck delivery experience preferred.
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver license.
- Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel preferred.
- Experience working in an FDA regulated manufacturing or distribution environment preferred.
- Ability to multi-task and quickly refocus and priorities change in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills and ability to interact effectively with other departments and management.
- Ability to stand / walk for long periods of time.
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends or holidays as needed.
- Ability to lift 40lbs. without assistance while following proper safety lifting techniques.
- Strong team player.
“Cognate BioServices provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.”