About the Organization
Established in 2010, City Leadership exists to maximize the leadership capital and potential of Memphis. We strongly believe that better leaders make a better city. For this reason, we strive to recruit talented individuals to Memphis, to develop leaders and organizations in Memphis, and to catalyze collaborative projects for the benefit of the city.
We consult and work with organizations and leaders from every field: businesses, nonprofit groups, government entities, schools, teachers, artists, social entrepreneurs. City Leadership offers expertise in strategic planning, research, multimedia, branding, social media, and talent acquisition.
Applicants for the Creative Director role should be organized, experienced graphic designers who love Memphis, get excited about serving non-profit partners, and value a collaborative creative approach. This position requires someone comfortable designing ads, merchandise, print collateral, and web graphics while also providing creative vision to the execution of those or anything else that comes up in the creative process. We want big ideas bolstered with discipline to make sure they live up to their promise. No possibility should seem too large to attempt if viable for our mission. On the other hand, no task should seem too small for you to do if it serves our cause. Web development experience is a plus.
Key Job Functions
- Combine art and technology to communicate ideas through images, layouts,
and printed pages
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts
- Create designs consistent with industry and professional standards
- Develop graphics for products, illustrations, logos, and websites
- Stay up-to-date with current design trends
- Consult with clients, other staff members, and managers, to formulate the creative direction that will best solve their current challenges and communicate their story. This may include determining the scope of a project or collaborating on designs
- Communicate with clients and other designers to ensure that designs accurately reflect the desired message and effectively express information
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types
- Proactively maintain brand standards for all social media campaigns.
- Maintain production accounts for printing and ordering
- Liaise with external printers on a regular basis to ensure deadlines are met and material is printed to the highest quality.
Requirements, Qualifications & Desired skills
- Experience in a design role with experience leading
and executing on projects big and small.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to handle multiple projects
at a time
- Work quickly, and eagerly try new things
- Keen ability to multitask; self-starter
- Strong team collaboration skills
- Maintain clear communication about the status of projects and deadlines.
- Capable of hitting daily deadlines
- Detail-oriented in the context of a fast-paced environment when finalizing designs
- Interpersonal skills a must. Pleasant, personable demeanor (in-person, phone, and email)
- An ability to grasp and communicate THE message
- Teachable spirit
Equal Opportunity statement
City Leadership is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, ethnicity, faith, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or disabilities.
How to Apply
We really appreciate those who choose to apply, and we want to give each candidate the chance to communicate who they are and why they want to join the mission of City Leadership.
All applicants must submit the following in order to be considered further.
- Resume and LinkedIn Profile Link
- Optionally, an “About Me” Video following the guidelines below:
- 1-2 minutes long
- Your Full Name
- The position you are applying for
- The date you are applying
- Answer: What skills and attitude do you possess that would make you a great fit for this position?
- Answer: What would you hope your life’s legacy to be?
All potential candidates should express their interest by submitting an application here and sending a follow-up email—with full name in the subject line—to email@example.com.