ABOUT CHURCH HEALTH CENTER
Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The purpose of this position is to provide quality care and education to preschool children as part of our community partnership with Shelby County Schools in accordance with the Developmentally Appropriate Guidelines established by the National Association for the Education of Young Children and the Tennessee State Department of Human Services.
- Implement basic education concepts using the Shelby County School’s Big Day curriculum. Prepares instructional materials for classes assigned and provides written evidence of preparation to supervisor/administrator upon request.
- Instruct students by using educational strategies and techniques to improve sensory motor and perceptual-motor development, perception, memory language, communication skills, cognition, social and emotional development.
- Implement Settle Your Glitter curriculum daily.
- Test students monthly on Istation and provide intervention for those students identified by the program.
- Complete Brigance testing three times a year on students.
- Conduct home visits twice a year.
- Participate in building support networks for families by providing them with opportunities to interact with program staff, other families, community resources and professional services.
- Maintain accurate, complete and correct records as required by law, district and administrative regulations.
- Prepare lesson plans, monthly newsletters and plan/conduct field trips.
- Four year degree in Early Childhood education or Elementary Education with a current Tennessee Teacher’s License.
- Must have Pre-K endorsement.
- Two years of Early Childhood Development with experience in classroom settings and family interaction and involvement.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have demonstrated ability to implement developmentally appropriate early childhood programs.
- Must have effective communication skills with children parents and staff.
- Must have knowledge of current educational theories and various teaching methodologies.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and with teams
- Detail oriented
- Strong with verbal communication to all age ranges
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a paid time off package. Benefits include healthcare, vision, dental and 401k savings plan.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com; please add job title in the title line.