Church Health has served people since 1987 with our clinical services and outreach programs. Church Health seeks to reclaim the Church’s biblical commitment to care for our bodies and our spirits.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The overall purpose of this position is to provide patient care in diagnosing, treating and correcting visual disorders. This position must also oversee the work of a resident Optometrist and assigned Optometric Technicians.
- Conduct tests to determine if a patient is far sighted or nearsighted and prescribe corrective eyeglasses.
- Conduct tests to determine depth and color perception, ability to focus and coordinate the eyes.
- Prescribe corrective eyeglasses or recommend other treatment options like low-vision rehabilitation or vision therapy in helping blind people.
- Encourage preventive measures by promoting correct reading habits, nutrition and hygiene.
- Test for glaucoma and other eye disease such and diagnose conditions caused by systemic disease such as diabetes and high blood pressure and refer patients to an Ophthalmologist if needed.
- Update physicians and work with members of medical staff which allows for consultation, collaboration or referral.
- Input data into computer regarding patient treatments, x-rays and/or charts and plans for ongoing treatment.
- Network with other Optometry professionals through associations and community functions and help recruit volunteers and foster their relationships.
- Oversee and review the care and work of Clinic Assistants assigned to Optometrist.
- Assist with other miscellaneous tasks as necessary.
- Four-year college degree in Optometry from an accredited school.
- One-year postgraduate residency preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 3-4 years of experience as a licensed and practicing Optometrist.
- Thorough skill and knowledge in the use of diagnostic devices.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and people management skills.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a paid time off package. Benefits include healthcare, vision, dental and 401k savings plan.