Church Health currently has an opening for a Charge Nurse for the Family Medicine Clinic. The Charge
Nurse oversees the work of nurses, medical assistants and ancillary personnel. Establishes and applies
standards of care and practices for the clinic. Plans and facilitates the patient flow process, ensures
adequate staffing of clinic personnel, and provides direct patient care. Works under the direction of
the Nurse Manager.
- Planning and facilitating clinic and patient flow process.
- Working with Providers and Residents to develop, support and enforce policies, procedures and
processes utilizing the Church Health work flow.
- Effectively trouble shoot and problem solve issues with patients and staff.
- Promoting positive communication, customer service and team building.
- Oversee, (in conjunction with other nursing staff), the work of all Medical Assistants and ancillary personnel as assigned.
- Assist, (in conjunction with the Nurse Manager), in completing performance evaluations as assigned.
- Oversee the day to day requirements for the VFC, (Vaccines for Children), program.
- Assist in the ongoing education and skills check offs for Medical Assistants.
- Assist in making telephone calls to patients as needed, if time permits.
- Provide direct patient care and assist providers as needed.
• Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing.
• BSN preferred.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Five years of experience, Family Medicine, Pediatrics, Public Health preferred, but not required.
• Two years of leadership/Charge Nurse experience.
• Assess, evaluate and plan for care of patients with in the scope of physician’s orders in primary care setting.
• Must have good organizational skills, management skills with the ability to train and motivate as well as the ability to assess and evaluate staff.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY
At Church Health, we are committed to diversity, striving to create a staff that reflects the diverse communities with which we work. We seek individuals of all backgrounds to join our team.
This is a full-time position with benefits and a paid-time-off package. Benefits include healthcare,
vision, dental and 401k plan.